PDA

View Full Version : Raid other covenants: how the xp count?

laclongquan
01-30-2008, 01:11 PM
I am a 35th lv Priest now, just slogging away till 50.

Recently I find that with strategy and tactics my house can easily clean other houses with higherlevel than me (+5 only, not try with higher YET).

I wonder how the XP count for raid, kill NPC, destroying covenant work? Did raiding higher lvel give back more XP? (in that case, here I come). OR did raiding give the same XP no matter how much difference in level between covenants? (in that case, I am BAAAAACK!)

Can you folk give me a definite answer? preferably with number.:)

(name here)
01-30-2008, 04:52 PM
I think it is the exact same XP as fighting them outside of the house with a full party. in other words, not much

kaeruu
01-31-2008, 01:12 AM
The xp increases I think, but its waaaaaay not worth it. You can kill easier monsters for higher xp. Or just modify monsters to give 1000x xp than they normally do, lol (BI time).

laclongquan
01-31-2008, 05:23 AM
I prefer not to modify game data like that. Too easy to stray into temptation.

Fighting monster? level 35 will kill them 31 quite easily, which is a bore. Beating those other barbarians is so much satisfier.

Delve
01-31-2008, 05:52 AM
So kill something bigger than you. Though either way you'll eventually need to take care of the other covenants.

laclongquan
01-31-2008, 08:52 AM
Kill something bigger than me? But the biggest monster is 31... at champion difficulty... how do I increase the level of monster? or find bigger ones?

Shadow
01-31-2008, 11:02 AM
Killing recruits from other covenants are worth the same as an average monster of the same level.

Monsters from champion world difficulty should go up to level 50 or so when you get towards the end of the world.

laclongquan
01-31-2008, 11:07 AM
Ehhhh? The end of the world is black forest or something right? Monster at that level is only 31 (champion difficulty)... is there anything wrong with my game i wonder. reflexive v1.7 if you must know.

And on other hand, if killing a 40lv warrior is the same as killing monster then those covenants are so much prey for me. not as much loot as monster hunting ofcourse, but oh well. :D

(name here)
01-31-2008, 05:22 PM
Yeah, but you get far less XP when raiding because it's split between the whole convent.

kaeruu
02-01-2008, 12:52 AM
Yeah, but you get far less XP when raiding because it's split between the whole convent.

Exactly. That's why it's not worth it. Incidentally, I've never actually had problems leveling up (normally, without mods)...why does a lot of people have this problem...

laclongquan
02-01-2008, 01:54 AM
The champion difficulty button is quite hard too figure out. I THOUGHT I clicked the button already, but in the end it's not. Which is why I had so much trouble to leveling up.

Call me stupid or whatever but the world difficulty button (champion...) is sooo hard to click. I just figured out yesterday.

kaeruu
02-01-2008, 02:40 AM
I guess the best help in noticing it is if you see that the enemy covenants' level cannot be lower than 25(left side). Then most likely you already clicked it.

laclongquan
02-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Once you clicked on it successfully it's quite obvious. Off course, as long as you havent... {shrug}

ANd hunting other covenants is such fun I doubt I will forgo it entirely. The advantages are obvious:

1. You can level up your reserve recruits. I am sure many like me only use one recruit, and leave others minding houses, occassionally take in some to replace weaker guys. Now if we hunt covenants aggressively we can levelup all five recruits... I admit it's not as attractive as it sound >_<'

2. As they are several level higher than you, fighting them will be so much fun. Even the joy from being mobbed by hordes of monster cant compared to the terror of watching those rogues and warriors hacking away at your troops.

Well, those reasons aside, I still not so bloodthirsty that I cant recognize the advantages of co-exist. It's so convenient to have them buy stuff from you to save trips back to town. And sometimes we can buy unique or artifacts from them

kaeruu
02-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Every now and then I actually play a new world, trade with covenants for special items and then kill them all. I do this repeatedly for countless times 'til I get what I need.