PDA

View Full Version : Scouts&NPCs

(name here)
02-01-2008, 05:17 PM
i like scouts, but there is one inconvenient problem: they get kill by town NPCs before they gate out. every single time. you'd have to mass-kill the stewerd, warmaster, armorsmith, and weaponsmith if you wanted to give them any chance of making the gate. is there some way around that? i'm tempted to try my hand at modding.

ShaggyMoose
02-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Maybe if the scouts actually made some attempt to hide, instead of just wandering through the middle of town.

Delve
02-01-2008, 05:47 PM
I've had scouts rampage through town and pick off everyone but the alchemist before.

Areli
02-01-2008, 11:36 PM
it's not really scouting if they go around killing NPCs - that's more of an invasion.
Maybe scouts should be in stealth mode similar to the quests when a thief is stealing items.

My biggest problem with NPCs getting killed is when there's a siege on the town. It can take a long time to run all over the forest finding the towers; one or two hits from a siege tower and down goes the NPC.

Delve
02-02-2008, 04:17 AM
I like the idea of scouts being actually scouty type stealthy creatures. But then AI covenants wouldn't assist in the hunt, would they? I've noticed that AI covenants ignore thieves entirely until I 'un-stealth' them, then they're all over it. So we'd be running all over town searching for an invisible mob that doesn't show up on the map, with no assistance from the NPCs. That sounds like a recipe for frustration more than anything else.

Now, if scouts were rooted to one of several spots similar to the thieves then it may be workable.

laclongquan
02-02-2008, 04:37 AM
Scouts should be near the Apothecary (logistic), Steward and Warmaster (command), or near the crystal gate (traffic) in center of town.

Delve
02-02-2008, 05:54 AM
What about the entrance to Grimalkin (most easily breachable point in the wall)? Any active covenant houses (barracks and c&c for the local military force(s))? The vendors (supply lines)?

Really, any of the local landmarks could be interesting to a spy.

(name here)
02-02-2008, 09:25 AM
i've noticed they ALWAYS stand near at least one convent house for a little bit at least.