PDA

View Full Version : Five Things on my Desk

Delilah Rehm
02-05-2008, 02:25 PM
1. In high school, after Id written the short story Little Brother, my grandmother, Memee, gave me a spiral notebook. On the first page, she wrote an encouraging message and signed it. I long ago throw out that notebook, but I cut out the message and framed it.

2. Also on my desk is a Madam Alexander ballerina in a blue leotard and tutu, which my other grandmother, Memom (who was Mother J at the time), gave me after my first and only dance (tap) recital when I was five or six.

3. Another thing on my desk is a ceramic planter, sans plant, that is of a dog by a mailbox. I found this in the basement of Memees house, and I thought it looked like my first dog, Britney.

4. A mess enough said.

5. My new game that I love-love-love, Order of the Stick. Its also a web comic at www.gianttip.com

Your turn! Tell me five things on your desk. :)

Delve
02-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Two laptops (one full of chicken soup, don't ask), a server, a AM/FM/weather radio tuned to the nearest public radio station (which is sadly in the next state south of me! :( ), and a bunch of other junk that doesn't stand out.

Delilah Rehm
02-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Two laptops (one full of chicken soup, don't ask), a server, a AM/FM/weather radio tuned to the nearest public radio station (which is sadly in the next state south of me! :( ), and a bunch of other junk that doesn't stand out.

Chicken soup? I guess it has the flu! :D

Delve
02-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Close. I had pneumonia.