PDA

View Full Version : Crystal placements in dungeon

waargh
08-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Observed behavior:
In one quest, I was supposed to grab X White Crystals from some level (4?) in a dungeon.

Some of the crystals were placed in a manner that made them inaccessible (in the middle of wall graphics. There were always plenty of accessible crystals, just some weren't.

Expected behavior:
Unless the bad placement was just meant to tease the user (and it did - a couple of times I tried multiple paths to try to get them), all crystals should have a path back to some common item, like the zone in.

Super low priority, just an FYI. Don't let this hold up the release date or cause loss of sleep!

Shadow
09-04-2007, 08:50 PM
I believe we have fixed all of these now.

Thrugg
09-06-2007, 03:02 PM
I've only run into it once, and it is probably (?) related to the fix you just did, but I once had a monster and the hole to the next level down appear behind a wall in one of the dungeons. I tried to circle around, but as far as I could tell, there was no way to get to that spot.

-Thrugg
________
Inexpensive vaporizers (http://vaporizers.net)

Shadow
09-06-2007, 03:28 PM
Do you remember which dungeon this happened in?

Thrugg
09-07-2007, 12:07 PM
I think it was the glistening caves (?). I took a screen shot of the spot that I'll try to post tonight.

-Thrugg
________
Paxil Injury Lawyer (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

Shadow
09-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Ok, a screenshot would be great.

waargh
09-07-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm running the released version and have yet to run into this. However, I haven't been concentrating too much on dungeons.

I will certainly post with a screenshot in this thread if I see it again.

Thrugg
09-09-2007, 04:41 AM
Ok, a screenshot would be great.

Ok, it was Cross Caverns. Here's the screen shot.

The path down is just to the left of the character.

EDIT: Hmm, ok one other thing, maybe unrelated, maybe not! I've been playing for uhh..ok it's probably been 5 hours or so this evening...give or take a few =) I just picked up a quest (Kill a group, Vulture & Haunt, in Vehement Chambers under Freya Meadows). It's a single level dungeon, and when I first arrived there was a single tower (forget the type) and a monster portal. Both were quickly smashed. I then searched out the rest of the dungeon, which was *completely* empty. No chests, no monsters, and certainly not the group of unique's that were supposed to be there. Weird? If it makes any difference, I've long since killed off all of the other factions in this game, but I figured I'd just keep playing.

Edit Part II: Finally just started a new game, things seem to be operating normally again. Seems like after running around in the same game for an extended period of time, it was having difficulty spawning creatures/items. Where I'd normally fill up my bags with goodies every few minutes, I had been going a *long* time between finding even a single item. Coupled with the empty area, I'm guessing it may have been running up against a max-spawned objects/items limit?

-Thrugg
________
Andalucia Recipes (http://www.cooking-chef.com/andalucia/)

Shadow
09-09-2007, 10:11 AM
I should be able to track that down with the screen shot.

I would guess that nothing spawning after a 5 hour play session would be hitting some kind of limit. I'll look into this, but in the mean time put up a portal (just to save your spot), save/exit, and then resume should fix this.

Shadow
09-14-2007, 06:51 PM
This and a few other similar spots should be fixed in version 1.001