PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Modding Thread

kaeruu
02-10-2008, 07:09 PM
I have a question to anyone better at this than me. Is there any way at all to UN-randomize the giving of special abilities to recruits? (defender, etc.) Because it is either I just can't make major giant work on recruits or I'm just extremely unlucky. Thx for any help (Delve, SamMcMakin or Shadow particularly).:)

SamMcMackin
02-10-2008, 11:37 PM
I have tried hunting down this elusive enhancement myself, but I have had no luck of finding the answer. I can only find what each enchantment does but not how the game knows which npc gets what and how many at a time. I wish I could help, but alas we are in the same boat together. :p

kaeruu
02-11-2008, 06:34 AM
Ah, I was counting on you.:( Guess I'll just wait for Shadow then.:o

Delve
02-11-2008, 06:34 AM
Comment out all the enhancements except the one you're trying to get?

kaeruu
02-11-2008, 06:49 AM
Comment out all the enhancements except the one you're trying to get?

I didn't quite get that. What am I supposed to do?

Shadow
02-11-2008, 10:55 AM
There isn't a way exactly to unrandomize the special bonuses for the NPCs. There are a few ways to increase the odds to see your giant enhancement though I would either temporarily comment out all of the NpcOnly lines in the npcEnhancements.gdb by placing // at the beginning of the lines in question or you could simply add in your giant bonus with a different name a bunch of times to increase the odds.

kaeruu
02-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Ah I see now. Thx!