PDA

View Full Version : Two Problems

ShaggyMoose
02-10-2008, 11:05 PM
The first is a somewhat serious bug. I was viewing armsmasterīs quests when a new quest appeared on the list. After that, the game no longer responded to any mouse clicks! I ended up having to Alt+F4 to exit.

The second is more of a cosmetic issue, although it can be irritating if you have a lot of injured recruits around. When a recruit has been fully healed, but is poisoned or burning, they do the "lifestone shuffle". They will move to the lifestone, get healed, then back off again. As soon as they take damage from the status effect, they run back to the lifestone again and the merry dance continues until the effect wears off.

SamMcMackin
02-10-2008, 11:24 PM
My answer for the "lifestone shuffle" is I have always wished the lifestone would cure all ailments on your characters such as poison and burning etc. What do you think?

Kruztee
02-11-2008, 06:58 AM
My answer for the "lifestone shuffle" is I have always wished the lifestone would cure all ailments on your characters such as poison and burning etc. What do you think?

Agreed.

If it's powerful enough to connect all covenant members souls to the mortal plane by resurrecting the dead, then surely it should be able to heal a burn or fix minor poisoning. Caltrops is another one that would be brilliant to be able to get rid of at the lifestone.

ShaggyMoose
02-11-2008, 08:24 AM
I agree to a point. I think it should immediately remove status effects for your recruits, but not for you. I have still died a number of times from status effects despite that fact that I was being healed at the lifestone at the time!

Delve
02-11-2008, 11:16 AM
I started by thinking the lifestone should remove any non-damaging, non-quest-imposed effects (ever had the plague on your hero? It's not fun) but then I thought about how easy it would be to abuse and changed my mind. Valkoil's caltrops got you down? Shadow knight cursed you? No problem, there's a teleport gate not two steps away. A hop, tap and a jump and you're back in the fight clean as a whistle.

Now what might work out, if it's possible, would be for the lifestone regen effect to cause negative effects to age twice as fast. 20 minutes of Caltrops? Hang out at the lifestone for 10 and you'll be fine. 2 minutes of poison? Gone in 1 at the lifestone. But then again, that'd probably be a bastard to hack into the code.

Kruztee
02-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Valkoil's caltrops got you down? Shadow knight cursed you? No problem, there's a teleport gate not two steps away. A hop, tap and a jump and you're back in the fight clean as a whistle.

I take your point, but in effect (unless you're playing a priest) you're doing this anyway. It would just take some of the tedium out of it. Perhaps as a compromise all staus effects could be cleansed only AFTER your characters hit points have been replenished. This would stop a cheesy way to bypass poison or bleeding related deaths.

[edit] Actually I've just thought about what I've just posted and realised that by the time my character's hit points are back up to full, most (if not all) of the status effects are gone anyway... and if the lifestone DID in fact function this way it would make a lot of the priest skills pretty redundant, wouldn't it? Hmmm, maybe things are just fine as they are.

ShaggyMoose
02-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Also, what about regenerating enemies? Anything that gets you out of your covenant quicker means its easier to defeat these guys, which might be a balance issue.

SamMcMackin
02-12-2008, 10:31 AM
I jacked up the amount my lifestone heals because I hate waiting (50% healing). So waiting for my life to fill and having the status effects run out of time doesn't happen that often. :D

Delve
02-12-2008, 11:47 AM
I take your point, but in effect (unless you're playing a priest) you're doing this anyway.

Maybe, but if you are then regeneraters must really tick you off. :)

Kruztee
02-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Maybe, but if you are then regeneraters must really tick you off. :)

What? You infer that I should pay valuable silver for food and potions? Heresy!

ShaggyMoose
02-14-2008, 08:22 AM
At least feed the guy once in a while. I can't imagine an anorexic priest would be a particularly useful character.

Delve
02-14-2008, 10:08 AM
What? You infer that I should pay valuable silver for food and potions? Heresy!

You can't take it with.... oh, nevermind.

Kruztee
02-14-2008, 07:29 PM
At least feed the guy once in a while. I can't imagine an anorexic priest would be a particularly useful character.

I like my priests skinny and rich...

ShaggyMoose
02-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Um, I got nothing.