PDA

View Full Version : Adding a chest type

Delve
02-18-2008, 01:26 PM
So, I understand I've got to define a chest in database/chests.gdb
Then add the new type to the spawn lists in database/systems.gdb

But, I still don't see my new chest. Am I missing something?

(name here)
02-18-2008, 01:29 PM
step one would be to make sure you gave it an image. step two would be to make sure you gave it a vaild spawn. past that, i don't know

Delve
02-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Nevermind, I'm just unlucky. ;)

Despite giving it nearly twice the spawn chance as a small chest, I still found 8 or 9 small chests prior to getting my new one. :eek:

Anyway, I made sure it would work, AND stand out. Since it's the first time I'm doing this I copied the small chest and changed scale and spawn chance for it. The scale is 2.00. If you miss one of these you're blind.

Say, would there be a debug command I could use to spawn one of these at my feet on demand? It would make testing much faster.

SamMcMackin
02-18-2008, 03:27 PM
hehe this reminds me of what i like to do, make chests scale = 5.0 for large chests... now those are huge! I love this game so much because you are able to mod almost anything you want.

kaeruu
02-19-2008, 10:43 AM
hehe this reminds me of what i like to do, make chests scale = 5.0 for large chests... now those are huge! I love this game so much because you are able to mod almost anything you want.

Nothing beats having triple-sized warriors beating the hell out of the opponent covenants.