PDA

View Full Version : I deleted my character

Steve Myers
02-18-2008, 09:44 PM
I deleted my character, a 41st Warrior and I would like to know if some one would be willing help me out.

Thanks!!

-=Steve

SamMcMackin
02-19-2008, 01:01 AM
What would you like help with?

kaeruu
02-19-2008, 10:45 AM
What would you like help with?

Maybe recovering his char, which would be an impossible business, unless he installs an un-deleting software, prays to God, then check it.

SamMcMackin
02-19-2008, 11:32 AM
I would just increase the normal monster xp to a huge amount so you level up faster. it would get you to 41 pretty fast. To get items back mod the chests to have higher magic find so they drop sets and uniques most of the time. Other than that you will have to do the quests over again.

Shadow
02-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Well if you deleted the character in windows, you might be able to retrieve it from the recycle bin. If you deleted it from the game, you would probably need some kind of software to try to recover deleted files. You could just a start a fresh new character, especially with a different class. Or you could just do what Sam suggested and mod the game some so you can level a character back to where you were faster than normal.

Steve Myers
02-19-2008, 01:34 PM
I deleted my character, a 41st Warrior and I would like to know if some one would be willing help me out.

Thanks!!

-=Steve

How about zipping up your character directory sending it to me?? Other wise I will have to start another one and I don't want to do that.

Can wait to the read the snide remarks this post generates!...

You guys have been most helpful so far!!

I especially like kaeruu's "prays to God, then check it" comment! (BTW it didn't work, I could be doing it wrong??)

One more thing, have you guys, and possible girls, thought about trading characters??

It could be cool?
I would be willing to trade a 1st level warrior!!LOL

PM me!:D

Thanks!!

-=Steve

Steve Myers
02-19-2008, 09:01 PM
I fixed it!

if anyone is intrested, I would be willing to trade a 41st level warrior.

PM me!

Thanks!!

-=Steve

weelillad
02-19-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm more interested to know how you did it. :)

Steve Myers
02-19-2008, 09:09 PM
My trusty hex editor.

kaeruu
02-20-2008, 11:10 AM
How about zipping up your character directory sending it to me?? Other wise I will have to start another one and I don't want to do that.

Can wait to the read the snide remarks this post generates!...

You guys have been most helpful so far!!

I especially like kaeruu's "prays to God, then check it" comment! (BTW it didn't work, I could be doing it wrong??)

One more thing, have you guys, and possible girls, thought about trading characters??

It could be cool?
I would be willing to trade a 1st level warrior!!LOL

PM me!:D

Thanks!!

-=Steve

Uhh, idk if you were quite sarcastic as pertaining to me (my statement would seem rude at some point), but to be quite honest, that's the same thing I'd say to myself. I really pray to God whenever I use un-deleting programs. I pray that I haven't copied a file over the sector used by the deleted save file. Hope this clears it up.:o

And to add: Editing programs might seem fun at the start, but I know everyone who edits will eventually feel their enjoyment of the game wane, most likely because of the amount of controllability you've already gained over it, which makes everything un-randomized and predictable...ergo 'boring'