PDA

View Full Version : Beta patch 1.009 available

Shadow
02-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Beta patch 1.009 is now available for Depths of Peril over on the patch page (http://www.soldak.com/Depths-of-Peril/Patches.html) with changes here (http://www.soldak.com/Depths-of-Peril/Patches/Changes.html). The changes in 1.009 are mostly localization issues and a few bug fixes, but adds a new Loner Challenge mode.

ShaggyMoose
02-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Does loner mode mean no recruits at all, or you just can't take them adventuring?

Shadow
02-20-2008, 05:04 PM
No recruits at all. :) Well for your covenant at least.

Taleana
02-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Stephen, I've never checked before...but has DepthsofPeril.exe always opened two instances in your processes?

The reason I ask is because after installing the 1.009 patch this evening I've been getting some really strange pauses. At first it started happening only when I got text updates. Now it happens if I'm standing at my lifestone healing, selling to a vendor, or running around out in an area. So I alt+tabbed out and looked at my task manager. That's when I noticed the double-entry of the .exe.

I tried running the game on a second machine, no pausing, but the double-entry is still present in the task manager.

Shadow
02-20-2008, 09:29 PM
I've actually never noticed that before. I tried version 1.00 and it also has the double process thing, so yeah it's been like that the entire time. The second process is probably the drm/security key stuff.

As for your issue, when I see that occasionally, I reboot and the problem almost always goes away. This goes for many apps and games, not just Depths of Peril.

ShaggyMoose
02-21-2008, 08:13 AM
No recruits at all. :) Well for your covenant at least.
Wow. I don't know if it would be possible for me to destroy an enemy covenant with no recruits! I would get totally ganked!

Delve
02-21-2008, 04:42 PM
That would require an awful lot of strategy, wouldn't it?

weelillad
02-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Getting other covenants to help would make it easier, but as of now I cannot figure out how to take out the last covenant, or how to ever get any covenant reward chests. Since players are already handicapped compared to NPCs in terms of the damage dished out, what hope is there of doing enough to earn the reward for destroying covenants?

All that said, I still haven't given the new mode a try, so maybe things are not as bad as that.

Delve
02-22-2008, 06:00 AM
Alliance wins, yeah?