PDA

View Full Version : Regarding saving the game

Monkeyfinger
03-01-2008, 06:59 AM
In the demo, there's no "save without exiting" function, meaning that if something goes rotten (for example, some opportunistic douchebag clan joining in on a raid you're doing and striking the killing blow on the other guy's lifestone and hogging all the influence for his greedy goddamn self) you just have to roll with it.

Is this iron man type function also enforced in the full version?

Delve
03-01-2008, 07:18 AM
Yes, but I'd like to point out that credit for the destruction of a covenant is based on the amount of damage you do to that covenant (and maybe a few other bits that I don't recall), not who gets the death blow.

Death blow may provide a bit of a bonus, but your score against that covenant is going to be much more heavily weighted by how much damage you deal to it's members, guards, and lifestone. I think there's a small bonus for having an official Raid active against it as well.

ShaggyMoose
03-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah, there is no "quickload shuffle" in DoP. I think the game is actually saved every time an event happens, so even a "quit without saving" option probably wouldn't do you much good. It annoyed me at first, but now I find it really keeps the game rolling. Dying can be frustrating, but its by no means a real setback. I think the designers did a great job with that.

(name here)
03-01-2008, 10:12 AM
indeed. i can't be bothered to quicksave every 5 seconds, which is why i hate those games.

kaeruu
03-04-2008, 05:36 AM
Yeah, the auto-save fxn makes everything more real, you know. Things that have happened cannot be taken back. :D

Delve
03-04-2008, 05:59 AM
It helps you let go of the quests that you fail (and you will fail some), since you can't try again anyway.