PDA

View Full Version : Very minor bug?

ShaggyMoose
03-01-2008, 06:52 PM
I received an announcement that monster X had created a group of monters in region Y. However, when I took the mission to kill the group, the mission description said they were in region Z and that was where I found them.

(name here)
03-02-2008, 10:28 PM
happens. monster X's kill quest is always in region Z

ShaggyMoose
03-03-2008, 08:18 AM
happens. monster X's kill quest is always in region Z
Always? I was sure they usually turned up where I expected.

*shrug*

(name here)
03-03-2008, 05:13 PM
no, the quest you get to kill monster X before he forms the group is in region Z.

ShaggyMoose
03-03-2008, 06:29 PM
:confused:

Okay, I will just put this another way. The announcement doesn´t match the mission description.

(name here)
03-04-2008, 09:46 PM
okay, you know how uniques spawn without a group and have an attached kill quest? when you look at it for monster X it will state he is in region Z. i don't know why it says in the news that the group is formed in region Y, but i guess it's a bug in the code for where quests are, because it thinks that a new quest is being started in a level-appropriate zone, picks one, generates the news blurb, spawns a group centered on the monster that formed the group, then checks where the monster is or just updates the old quest without changing the quest location descriptor.

ShaggyMoose
03-05-2008, 07:45 AM
...it will state he is in region Z. i don't know why it says in the news that the group is formed in region Y, but i guess it's a bug in the code for where quests are...
This is exactly the bug I was trying to point out.

Delve
03-05-2008, 09:26 AM
I actually have a screenshot of this, if anyone thinks that'll help.

Shadow
03-05-2008, 12:18 PM
I know what you guys are talking about. I'll look into it.