PDA

View Full Version : Monster quest bug

Delve
03-04-2008, 07:37 AM
I've got a quest from a shifter to kill a bunch of torvas (I think), but regardless of how many I kill the count remains the same.

I'm pretty sure I know how this one started. Two groups of monsters went to war, and at some point the quest creature was spawned. However, I didn't actually get the quest until after the war was resolved. In other words, I distinctly recall seeing a "Shifters make peace with Torvas" message of some sort. Then I got the quest. I'm guessing the ending of the war has invalidated the quest somehow. I've saved a copy of the user folder in that state, if you can tell me exactly what files might be helpful I'll send them to you.

Shadow
03-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Well all I need are the 4 files that are related to that char in the chars directory, but unless it's huge it's probably just easier to zip up the chars directory and send me that.

Gragt
03-19-2008, 07:09 PM
I had kinda the same issue with a pixie big sister asking me to kill moon stalkers but the count not updating right at the start of a new game. I do not have any files to send anymore though.

I do not see messages about wars starting or ending between monsters though, is it in the event log?

Delve
03-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Yeah, it would show up there. You can also tell because those creature types would start attacking each other on sight.

Gragt
03-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Then maybe I simply missed it, it can be busy sometimes.

Shadow
03-20-2008, 07:53 PM
I've actually fixed this issue in my local build, so it should be fixed in version 1.010.