PDA

View Full Version : Do people typically hang around in a game they have won?

Brysos
03-19-2008, 12:19 AM
I just bought the game and rolled up a new warrior, kept the default difficulty settings (alliance medium, aggressive and the other easy) figuring I would take it easy and learn.

I quested pretty aggressively and ended up grabbing a companion quickly (another warrior). And lucked out in finding two pretty good weapons (Goreblade !).

I looked down at the influence graphs and saw that the other covenants were pretty weak and decided, "what the heck, how does war work?"

To my astonishment, I easily beat one after the other (although the last one kept sending my crystals, I guess to mollify me!). So I 'win' the game and get the reward chest, but of course I can keep playing and questing..

Do people typically do that? Or is it not really worthwhile to stick around in a conquered game?

Celes
03-19-2008, 12:51 AM
I generally hang around for a while in a game. I look to try to gain a few levels before moving on. Although I did have a big wakeup call when I moved from normal difficulty to champion difficulty - I think my death count went sky-high after that move.

I have heard though that there's a certain treasure area you can find with each difficulty level and you can get into it only once each difficulty level. I'm on my second difficulty level and wiped out the covenants really early on but I'm not high enough to be able to meet all the conditions of the treasure area yet so I keep playing until I do.

Douweeh
03-19-2008, 03:28 AM
In general I just look at the quests that are open at the moment of completing the world and if there's nothing interesting I go ahead and make a new one (of course I also check the shops, pretty much anything can pop up there and at that point of a cycle it's usually been a while since I checked all three).
If there is still a nice quest with some decent EXP for my character then I'll do that first, or if there's just a fun quest that has very low EXP I'll take my weakest covenant member and take him/her out for some training :p

So yeah, I usually hang around for quite a while in completed worlds. Which makes the "You have won this world" logo on the screen annoyingly blinky ;)

Douweeh.

Kruztee
03-19-2008, 05:14 AM
Yeah, I tend to roleplay quite a bit and would feel it a little dishonourable to leave a game with quests that I have accepted still incomplete. Usually I'll finish off those before starting over.:p

Shadow
03-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Just a small side comment that doesn't have anything to do with the question. :) Covenants are pretty easy to destroy at lower levels because they start with few or no recruits (just the hero), so if you grab some quick recruits like you did the other covenants are pretty screwed. As the starting level of the covenants moves up this stops being the case. At level 10 and higher, the enemy covenants start out with a full covenant.