PDA

View Full Version : An interesting note about aggressive covenants

Brysos
03-20-2008, 10:58 PM
I was having a pretty easy time with covenant aggression on easy. I had hit about level 10 and in my next game I set the aggression to the highest level.

It was great. The AI was out questing like crazy, and then one AI decided to raid me. No sooner had I fended them off, when 3 or 4 other AI's dogpiled the AI who had raided me. It was great. I joined in and wiped them out. But then one of the AIs decided I looked weak and raided me, I beat them off and went on a counter raid, and the rest of the AIs all dogpiled ME!

I had a lot more fun with the AI being so active. If anyone has been playing on the easy or normal setting for aggression, I suggest turning up full blast for a game for a challenge!

Gragt
03-24-2008, 02:48 PM
I just tried a game at very hard, lvl 20. I had 3 opposing covenants, I started questing and almost right away one got under attack, I trade a war declaration with one of the two and started attacking. It was over quick and I got the spoils. I go back to kill monsters and soon after the last two start a war, I wait a minute then join in, win another battle and then easily finish the other while he is still weakened.

Took me 20 minutes for that game...

Brysos
03-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Part of my problem was that I had a few weak covenant members, so I was dead last on the power graph even at the very beginning. It didn't take long for me to get jumped on.

Brysos
03-31-2008, 12:27 PM
After having played at this difficulty level for a while, I have noticed it is only really difficult if you happen to be at the bottom of the pack in terms of power at the beginning of the game. Otherwise, the AI is pretty vicious about attacking each other and it is pretty easy to exploit this to take them out when they are weak.

if two or more covenants are raiding another covenant it is usually over for that covenant pretty quickly. The thing is, there is no benefit to the 'secondary' raider, because they will get no influence from the kill. I think the AI should be a little more picky about raiding in situations where they have nothing to gain.

Gragt
04-11-2008, 07:23 AM
Yeah I know, actually I would like to see a system à la Galactic Civilization II where the AI knows it plays again a player and will do anything they can to prevent them from winning. For exemple if you're at the top of influence and power, all covenants will start to ally against yourself unless you try to get some allies.

(name here)
04-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Yeah I know, actually I would like to see a system la Galactic Civilization II where the AI knows it plays again a player and will do anything they can to prevent them from winning. For exemple if you're at the top of influence and power, all covenants will start to ally against yourself unless you try to get some allies.

actually, the cool thing about Galciv is that it does that to other AIs as well.

Gragt
04-13-2008, 03:04 PM
actually, the cool thing about Galciv is that it does that to other AIs as well.

That too. The AI is actually quite good in that game.

Spellbound
06-06-2008, 03:17 AM
Then again, its always good to have that little cushion of knowing you're alot smarter than the AI's!

chidori56
06-06-2008, 07:07 PM
lol true but the only problem (on my part) is i declaired war on 2 AI's and the one i was raiding killed everyone with me so i fled to my base and canceled raid then all 3 AI's raided me (me-lvls 4 6 7 5 6 and 4 vs. them 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 9 8 9 9) how fair is that. ya so what i learned is never make a peace treaty with the AI's because the one i could make only lasted about 30 seconds then he raided me again(not exagerating):mad:

Spellbound
06-06-2008, 07:42 PM
That's not nessicarily true.. there are many things that decide how long a peace treaty is kept, or if it is even accepted. For starters, if the opposing AI's raid on you is going smoothly, there's really no reason that he will cancel it. Secondly, he might sign you a peace treaty, but that doesnt mean he's just using it to heal, buff, and prepare to raid again. Happy Dogpiling! :p

Grayson
09-29-2008, 04:22 PM
The thing is, there is no benefit to the 'secondary' raider, because they will get no influence from the kill. I think the AI should be a little more picky about raiding in situations where they have nothing to gain.

Actually, you get a LOT of rep with the other Covenants that are attacking. If one of the tougher ones attacks a weak one, by all means dogpile in, and get some easy rep with the big guys :p