PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in modding

segala
03-23-2008, 07:30 AM
1. can someone please tell me step by step on how to change the xp gain
value so i can level up faster ?

as far as i know , i have to meddle with something in Dop folder > assets folder > assets003 > systems.gdb

2. <why are there 2 (system.gdb) s in my assets003 ?>

can u please tell me step by step on how to mod this ? thanks in advance. ^^

Douweeh
03-23-2008, 09:38 AM
The easiest way to get your character to level up faster is to go to systems.gdb (I'm using the one in assets1 but I really don't know what the difference is to be honest :p) and look for this part:
// XP stuff

BaseXpNeededEachLevel 3000.0
XpMultEachLevel1 1.5
XpMultEachLevel4 1.25
XpMultEachLevel6 1.125
XpMultEachLevel11 1.075
XpMultEachLevel21 1.025

Changing that first value makes it lots easier to level faster ^_^ in fact, I like to keep that at 3 if I'm trying stuff out :p (it makes me level 9 or so just for completing the first tutorial quest)
Keep in mind that this also changes the exp rate for all other characters though, both allied and competing covenant's.
Have fun ;)

Douweeh.

segala
03-23-2008, 11:13 AM
still not working ...

there are 2 systems.gdb files in the assets001 folder.

i've changed them into these values but its still not working.

// XP stuff

BaseXpNeededEachLevel 3000.0
XpMultEachLevel1 4.5
XpMultEachLevel4 5.25
XpMultEachLevel6 6.125
XpMultEachLevel11 7.075
XpMultEachLevel21 8.025

help !

Douweeh
03-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Uhmm, what you changed makes things worse. What you edited are the multipliers that get added to the required EXP with each level up.
Change the original 3000 (to something lower) for easy levelling, I'm not sure on the whole assets00x and what files to change though ^_^; there's really only one in my version... and it's packed inside a zip file.

Douweeh.

segala
03-24-2008, 05:44 AM
I've tried changing the 3000 to 100 and 90 but it didn't work out ...:(

Delve
03-24-2008, 06:48 AM
Make sure you're editing the gdb file in the highest numbered asset zip. Or better yet leave it as a loose file; in your assets folder recreate the directory structure of the asset zip and extract the gdb to there.

Because of the way updates work though, you'll have to pretty much redo your mod every time the game is updated.

I've considered writing something to manage mods and updates to make that simpler, but right now I'm working on other, simpler, things and haven't even got the time to get those done. :(

segala
03-24-2008, 11:34 AM
..... i'm still clueless .....

any other ways to make my level go up faster ?

Shadow
03-25-2008, 04:08 PM
You are changing the correct value, but you are probably changing it in the wrong file. If there are multiple files with the same name and same directory then it only uses one of them. First it will use a loose file if found (a normal file, not in a zip file). If there isn't a loose file, it will use the file found in the highest number zip file it can find it in.

So since this is systems.gdb we are talking about, you either need a loose systems.gdb file in the Database directory or you need to modify systems.gdb inside of assets003.zip.

segala
03-27-2008, 06:30 AM
thanks everyone , i've finally got it , i've created a Database folder in the assets folder then extracted the systems.gdb file from asstets003.zip to the database folder. special thanks to Delve who have helped me out.