View Full Version : Changing attributes and skill points gained per level
08-26-2012, 09:09 AM
I was wondering if it is possible to change a number of stats:
1. the amount of skill points you start with.
2. and the amount of attributes and skill points you gain when leveling up.
3. Stop the skill point cost increase when you put points into it.
Much appreciate any help.
08-27-2012, 10:56 AM
1) StartingSkillPoints in systems.gdb
2) AttributePointsPerLevel and BaseSkillPointsPerLevel / LevelsBetweenSkillPointRaises / SkillPointRaise in systems.gdb
3) CostIncreasePerLevel in skills.gdb
08-28-2012, 10:39 AM
thank you so much. Much appreciated.
08-28-2012, 10:44 AM
new problem I am afraid. i get critical error whenever I change anything in systems.gdb
08-28-2012, 10:45 AM
opps forgot to say i brought it n steam which is likely the issue :/
08-28-2012, 01:35 PM
I haven't tried it, but you should be able to mod the Steam version fine. You probably want to check out the mod sdk (http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Mods.html) to find out how to mod things correctly.
Off hand I would guess you are modifying the entire systems.gdb file from assets001.zip. You should be looking at the one from asset003.zip and using the overrides stuff instead of changing any file directly.
08-28-2012, 03:18 PM
That's what i was doing wrong I was editing the one from assets1 one my bad thank you so much.:D
vBulletin® v3.6.7, Copyright ©2000-2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.