PDA

View Full Version : Rage generation question for experienced warriors

Brysos
03-24-2008, 11:56 PM
I have been trying my hand at a strength oriented warrior, who uses 2 handed maces. The idea is to take advantage of the lack of a cooldown associated with the Crush skill. I am not very high level (12) but I rarely generate much rage, unless I am getting hit by a lot of mobs.

I know there are skills associated with rage generation, but in general, do you warriors find that you generate lots of rage at higher levels? So much so you have trouble using it with cooldown skills like Power strike?

Shadow
03-25-2008, 04:02 PM
I have found many occasions where I build up more rage than I can use with powerstrike so some of my warrior characters have had Devastating Blow to burn the extra rage when I need one massive hit. This probably works out in a similar way that crush does, except crush probably gives you a little more control.

ShaggyMoose
03-25-2008, 04:29 PM
I find I need the rage concentration skill to generate significant amounts of rage quickly.

(name here)
03-25-2008, 04:46 PM
same here. but when i do that, i generate rage very quickly

RandomOracle
03-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Focus:Rage + switching to a second weapon setup, a dagger and a shield to get more hits in. Use this to beat up some fodder before taking on the real enemies.

Brysos
03-28-2008, 03:16 PM
Focus:Rage + switching to a second weapon setup, a dagger and a shield to get more hits in. Use this to beat up some fodder before taking on the real enemies.

I am pretty good on rage now, but my build is suffering from getting the snot kicked out of me because I have very low dex (low defense 90% for mobs to hit me!). Of course I hit like a train, given that I have pumped nothing but strength and vit! And mace mastery + crush spam = big damages.

I think the next step is to put points into absorb damage, and hope that straight up mitigation will work in keeping me alive. That has the added benefit of being able to switch to get rage when the mob is pounding on my rogue, then when it turns to me I can switch back and unleash all that rage :)

(name here)
03-28-2008, 04:55 PM
i solved that problem by items of excessive power. i have actually tripled my vit, and doubled strength and dex that way.

RandomOracle
03-29-2008, 09:33 AM
I haven't pumped vitality all that much, most of the points come from a priest follower with Endurance who I keep leveling up.