PDA

View Full Version : I have done a REALLY dumb thing...just don't know what :(

Anirbas
03-27-2008, 09:11 PM
I was making some changes to the covenant text, and did SOMEthing else...don't know what, but whatever it was, when I go into town, none of the vendors have any items. And when I open chests...there's nothing there.
AND, for a long time, I wasn't gaining any experience when fighting monsters. I am now, but it's VERY minimal.

What did I do? Or better yet, how can I fix it?

Help me...I need help:confused:

Gragt
03-28-2008, 07:17 AM
I have no idea about modding the game so I do not know what ressources do that when edited... So to fix that I'd say restore the original files you backed up (you backed them up, right?) or reinstall the game. Just keep your characters and try to see if they still work.

Delve
03-28-2008, 09:12 AM
Did you perhaps edit systems.gdb? I don't recall where all the bits and peices are right this minute, but that's what it sounds like. Did you leave your changes in loose files, or did you save them back to the asset zip files (bad idea, as those are your ready-made backup :) )?

Shadow
03-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Delve and Gragt have the right idea. Remove all of the loose files or if you changed the files in the zips you can reinstall. Depending on what you broke you might also need to start a new game/world.