PDA

View Full Version : Important Delivery quest, but steward is killed

StealthBunny
04-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Just had an Important Delivery quest come up, but the steward was killed a while back by a seige tower. Version .009.

Kruztee
04-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Just had an Important Delivery quest come up, but the steward was killed a while back by a seige tower. Version .009.

Ouch!:mad:

Anyway, just wait around awhile and he'll respawn. Might take a few minutes, might take 20. It's fairly random.

StealthBunny
04-04-2008, 07:35 PM
well, actually, he hasn't, and it's been a couple of hours of playing time. Also have had "Town needs X" quests, and he isn't around, plus the food and water are both poisoned, and the apothocary was killed back in that same seige attack. Plus one of my town NPCs was poisoned and died while the apothocary was dead, too.

Ir0nFist
04-11-2008, 04:18 AM
This happened to me as well within a few hours after I started playing the game. They didn't fall due to a siege attack but due to a shadow stalker in town though. Anyway they wouldn't revive, so I started a new game.
I know their revival is random but it seems to me that Apothecary is the one at fault nonetheless :p. At least, the last time I just mentioned Apothecary was dead and noone respawned, whereas when Apothecary still lives, they seem to be able to respawn still...

torikamal
04-19-2008, 01:41 PM
My town came under siege and they killed the Apothecary, the Steward, Oslo and the Weaponmaster.

They have all come back except the Weaponsmaster. But, they all took a rather long time to come back, which leads me to believe that it will only be a matter of time for the Weaponsmaster to come back. I think that this is intentional and effective, because otherwise there's not a lot of motivation to complete the "Steward is poisoned quests". Without these time penalties, he would die, then just get ressurrected. This gives you added incentive to swoop in and save them before your questgivers are out of comission for a while. I would say that it's been three hours of gameplay since they all died,
so I do believe they all respawn eventually.

ShaggyMoose
04-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Once I waited an hour for the warmaster to revive so that I could get the experience for completed quests. Its even more of a bummer watching the countdown for time sensitive quests run out and you can't even accept the quest though. Pretty sure its not a bug, but its frustrating nonetheless.

Delve
04-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Might be a good idea to prevent quests from generating that involve a dead character though. Just to limit the frustration.

I still hate watching Birla ressurect before the warmaster when I've got 4 quests waiting for him to complete. :(