PDA

View Full Version : Quest 'Z axis' bug

Brysos
04-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Occasionally I will get a quest to kill X mob type in level 2 or 3 of a dungeon. But if I happen across that mob on a shallower level of the dungeon I will get credit for the kill.

Kruztee
04-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Occasionally I will get a quest to kill X mob type in level 2 or 3 of a dungeon. But if I happen across that mob on a shallower level of the dungeon I will get credit for the kill.

I don't think that this one is a bug. If you look carefully at the quest instructions it will say somethng like "go and kill 12 <monsters>. They can be found in <location>." If this is the case you can kill them anywhere, but the location is suggested if you don't know where to look for them.

Some other quests are like "<location> has become too dangerous. Go kill 26 monsters in <loaction>" If this is the case, then the monsters MUST be slayed in the specified location.

I'm sure someone can correct me if my understanding of this is wrong.:)

Delve
04-04-2008, 05:08 AM
Kruztee has it right. When you're told to kill a certain creature type it doesn't matter where you kill them.

The exception being killing an 'army' of something. In which case you need to go to the advertised location.