PDA

View Full Version : Externalized game logic

Forevener
08-29-2012, 08:34 AM
Hello!
Is it possible that developers will externalize Din's Curse game logic in some way (LUA, for example)?
I understand, the game itself is coming to the end of its life cycle, so changes like this is unlikely... but all the modders will definitely rejoice the emerging opportunities!
New skills, enhancements of the old ones, new/enhanced worldgen, complete ecosystem of the dungeon, new events, NPC types, gamemodes, and much more.

Personally, I want to tweak chain lighting (strike foes in first priority, and strike neutral object only when no foes left), area healing (also heal all friendly NPCs in range), ecosystem (monsters will not spawn from air, they will need a portals to come or lairs to reproduce).

Shadow
08-29-2012, 10:33 AM
I doubt we'll port all of the logic to lua any time soon, but most of the data itself if easily moddable.

Forevener
08-29-2012, 10:41 AM
I doubt we'll port all of the logic to lua any time soon, but most of the data itself if easily moddable.

Yes, I know. But most interesting opportunities is coming always from scripting, isn't its?

Moonshine Fox
08-29-2012, 12:21 PM
You should talk to Bluddy here on the forums. He knows a lot about the insides of Din's.