PDA

View Full Version : Two bugs at one time

ShaggyMoose
04-16-2008, 11:56 PM
I currently have a game with the following problems:

1) Quest to kill monsters, but the kills are not recognised. The cool thing is, I got this quest from another monster. Never seen that before, it was cool. I seem to remember Shadow saying this was fixed, but not sure if that patch has been released yet.

2) A dungeon with the stairway locked in a room. Its only a few paces across and there is no way out. Not such a big deal, but I have a mission to kill a bunch of enemies and a unique in here, and they are not spawning in the fenced off section. A problem with the dungeon generator?

I can send the saved game if you need it Shadow.

Kruztee
04-17-2008, 01:12 AM
I can confirm both of these bugs as they have both happened to me too.

Can't remember the version number, but a named Orc commisioned me to slay x zombies in the Grimalkin Forest once. No matter how many I killed, the counter never seemed to decrease. I ended up just dropping the quest since it was taking up valuable space in my quest log.

As for the second bug, yeah, it's just a quirk with the random generator. It actually doesn't bug me that much. You can always just save and restart, right? Anyways, think of the blockage as an avalanche or tunnel collapse! :D

(name here)
04-17-2008, 07:31 AM
the one from the other monster is not working because the reason the quest was assigned no longer existed.

Kruztee
04-17-2008, 08:30 AM
the one from the other monster is not working because the reason the quest was assigned no longer existed.

You mean that the two moster groups are not at war anymore?

ShaggyMoose
04-17-2008, 10:16 AM
If that's the case, it should just fail the mission.

I managed to fix the second problem with a number of quit/load cycles. Eventually, enough monsters spawned in the broom closet dungeon to finish both missions. Kind of lame though.

Shadow
04-17-2008, 10:41 AM
I have fixed bug #1 but it is not in a patch yet. It will be in 1.010 when it comes out. Bug #2 also might be fixed, but the save game would be useful so I can check.

ShaggyMoose
04-20-2008, 03:02 PM
I sent the saved game as requested. Afterwards, I got another two missions from monsters and neither of them worked at all. Maybe that mission type was completely broken...

Shadow
04-21-2008, 07:51 PM
These are both fixed in version 1.010.