PDA

View Full Version : Crash while dying game game won't start again

MarWe
04-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Hi there,

there occured a crash as I died.

The first time this error occured I was able to start the game once again. and it loads the charakter properly.

Second time this error happened with another charakter and as I tried to continue the journey after restarting the game crashed again (before I get the possibility to choose the character).

Since then I was not able to get to this character choosing screen any more.

Does anyone ever experienced this bug before?

Does someone know how to solve the problem?

ShaggyMoose
04-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Sounds like one of your character files was corrupted during the crash. If you delete that character, probably the selection screen will load again. Not sure how you can tell which one it is though. I would wait for a reply from Shadow before you do anything, maybe he can fix the problem completely.

I have not had this happen to me, thankfully...

MarWe
04-20-2008, 12:06 PM
@ShaggyMoose

Thanks for your fast reply! I've tried your advise (and saved the corrupted files in another folder) and it seems to work :).

Hopefully there is a way to save the corrupted charakter ... :confused:

Thanks again.

ShaggyMoose
04-20-2008, 12:27 PM
No problem. Hope your character can be fixed.

Shadow
04-20-2008, 01:20 PM
I haven't heard of this happening to anyone before. It does sound like one of your characters got corrupted somehow. Why don't you zip up your chars directory and send it to me and I'll see if I can fix it. You can find my email address on our contact page (http://www.soldak.com/Company/Contact.html).