PDA

View Full Version : Could a covenant be modded....?

GeorgiaBoy
04-29-2008, 11:47 PM
...into say a tribe of hill giants?

Also, are there multiple towns in DoP? If not, can they be modded in?

GB

(name here)
04-30-2008, 07:50 AM
1. i don't see why not. you'll have to edit the savegames, though. you could mod every other covent by messing around with how they spawn.
2. no and maybe. you'd have to use the zone files if you want to do it

Delve
04-30-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm not sure a town could be added, this was discussed earlier and I don't recall what the conclusion was.

As for the first question, you might be able to make another NPC archetype, make it available for recruiting, and make a covenant recruit only that archetype. I'm not sure what you can do about the covenant leader though, I haven't looked at that. The thing is, in order to get the covenant to have hill giant recruits I think you're going to have to make them available to every covenant as recruits.

GeorgiaBoy
04-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Having only one town in an entire world? Odd...I know the character is vying for power in one town...Maybe in an expansion pack? Opinions, Shadow?

GB

Shadow
05-01-2008, 04:29 PM
As things stand right now:

You could change a covenant into a tribe of hill giants, but you would probably have to change one of the 4 classes into a hill giant class and tell all of the other covenants that they can't recruit hill giants.

You can partially make another town. You can certainly make an area that looks like a town. Just copy the town level, keep all of the connections stuff the same so it connects correctly, and build it however you want. However, there really isn't a way to add NPCs or covenants to it.

Delve
05-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Throw in some battle damage and a horde of zombies and you've got instant ruins.

GeorgiaBoy
05-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Imagine that MP...:)

GB