PDA

View Full Version : Modding the demo?

GeorgiaBoy
04-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Good Evening,

I am assuming a full list of console commands is given with the full version of DoP. I opened the editor with the demo (using the ~ key followed by editor 1--I got a split screen with half an object menu on the right--is this screwed up?). I plan on purchasing the full version when I get my credit card bill this month (can't wait for the gasoline heart attack), so I can actually have the docs to open .gdb files and add items myself...

Thanks for everybody's help...

GB

Shadow
05-01-2008, 02:10 PM
It's pretty easy to see all of the console commands actually. Just type in a partial command name into the console and then hit tab a few times (tab does auto completion). You might have to be in developer mode for this to work though. To go into developer mode just type developer 1 at the console.

To answer the thread question, you can't really mod the demo very well because it has some safe guards to prevent too much modding (so it can't be changed to the full game), it can't read loose files like the full game can, and it doesn't have all of the assets.

I answered the split screen issue in another thread already, but I think the console is still up. Just hit the ~ key and it should go away.

GeorgiaBoy
05-01-2008, 08:05 PM
OK...bought the game :)...now I am ready to add a host of items, prefixes, and suffixes. Open database.dbl with what? "Developer 1" command? I did not see how do to that in the .txt file under SDK/documents/database (betcha I missed something)...

GB

Shadow
05-01-2008, 09:20 PM
dbl, gdb, mdl, and many other formats in the game are just text so you can open them with your favorite text editor. When in doubt just try to open with a text editor. :)

Type developer 1 at the console. Hit the ~ key to open and close the console.