PDA

View Full Version : Playing possum

AnalogKid
08-27-2007, 08:40 PM
I wrote this in another forum, but it seems appropriate here too:

The idea is to bait an aggressive covenant into raiding you so you can rip them a new one. Here's the method:

- Recruit all 5 henchmen.
- Buy all 4 monster guardians.
- Start a raid on a weak covenant that won't counter-raid you.
- Wait for the aggressive covenant you really want to wipe out to raid you, thinking it's taking advantage of you. ;)
- Cancel the raid on the weak covenant, go home and defend against the aggressive covenant. You should have about a 2:1 numerical advantage, plus the ability to heal at your lifestone.
- Eventually, the aggressive covenant will stop raiding you because its lifestone gets too low.
- Take the fight to them, and finish them off.

In the demo, this absolutely dominates. Future AI upgrades may make it a bit less powerful, but it seems like it will always be a good idea to lure them into a fight on your turf instead of the other way around...

Shadow
08-28-2007, 11:59 AM
This is actually kind of a cool strategy, just be careful when you do this. If you get multiple people to take the bait you might get into trouble :)

nefariousD
08-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Just as an echo, welcome to the forums, AnalogKid. :)

That sounds like a cool strategy, I'll definitely have to give it a shot. I haven't experimented too much with diplomatic tactics, I typically find myself focusing on adventuring, and spending a lot of time trading items with other covenants. I usually try and focus on one high ranking covenant and build up with them as quick as possible. And of course, whenever a raid is declared on anyone other than that covenant or a covenant they are allied with, I join up on the fun. I haven't yet had the opportunity to play a game out 'til it's just me and them, but i'm looking forward to it. :cool: