PDA

View Full Version : Some sort of crash while negotiating peace treaty

StealthBunny
05-15-2008, 07:54 PM
I have the beta 1.010 and while trying to negotiate a peace treaty with the only remaining covenant, the game froze completely. A couple of times, I was able to do the window toggle thingie, then use my Windows Task Manager to shut DoP down, but twice I had to shut off the computer and reboot it completely.

The last time, I tried the negotiation after completing two other quests, just to see if maybe it was something at that point in the game that was hiccupping, but it did it again, and it was one of those lock-ups where I had to turn the computer off completely and reboot.

I'm just going to stop playing for the evening (yes, I still play every night to wind down from the day, and pretty much have ever since December :) ), but if you need me to send you anything (which I can tomorrow), please give me step-by-step instructions, 'cause I'm pretty clueless on this stuff and know just about enough to get myself into trouble. :confused:

Shadow
05-16-2008, 09:46 AM
The save game would be helpful. The easiest way to send me that is to just zip up your entire user directory and send that to me if you have zip (or rar) software. Just open a normal windows window, go to C:\Program Files\Depths of Peril (assuming you installed it to the default place), zip up the entire user directory, and send me that zip file.

If you have no way to zip up the files go to C:\Program Files\Depths of Peril\User\chars and send me the 4 files that start with your characters name. The extensions for those 4 files should be chr, his, map, and wld.

As usual you can find my email address at http://www.soldak.com/Company/Contact.html