PDA

View Full Version : How many map zones are there in DoP?

GeorgiaBoy
05-19-2008, 08:32 PM
...and is there a limit to world size?

Also, any plans to adopt additional monsters (ideally from D&D Monster Manual) as a patch or a purchasable expansion pack?

Finally, any plans to include in a patch unique items individually instead by level (when they spawn randomly)?

GB

P.S. @ Shadow--I am glad sales are good. I actually would buy another copy myself to help out and to facilitate an expansion!

Please move this topic to the modding thread if applicable.

Shadow
05-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Well it depends on how you count. There are around 35 unique environments and around 50 different named zones.

I don't believe there are really any limits to how large the world can be.

I'm not sure what we are going to eventually do expansion pack wise. We couldn't add monsters straight from D&D monster manual though. We would get into legal trouble with Wizards of the Coast.

Finally, any plans to include in a patch unique items individually instead by level (when they spawn randomly)?

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

GeorgiaBoy
05-24-2008, 12:27 AM
Hi Shadow,

Apologies for the delay, but it has been a busy time.

You asked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
"Finally, any plans to include in a patch unique items individually instead by level (when they spawn randomly)?"

Shadow: "I'm not sure what you mean by this."

This thread:

http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667

I believe you can set parameters for unique items, but one cannot set the exact values per item.

I asked for a world size, since I would love a DoP size like WoW.

As for the monsters from the Monster Manual, I believe several games (including this one) have names listed in the manual, but also exist in a dictionary (like giant, ogre, kobold, demon, devil, basilisk, chimera, dragon, elemental, golem, etc...). I would love to have additional monsters in the game (a purchasable upgrade)...

GB

Shadow
05-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Oh, ok. I understand now.

I don't have any plans to change how this is setup right now, but I think you can do what you want.

You can't set a min & max damage number directly, but you can set MinDamageBase, MaxDamageBase, MinDamagePerLevel, MaxDamagePerLevel, Speed, and ItemLevel in your unique weapon.

So if you want a level 10 1 handed axe, with speed 1.15, that does 6 to 13 damage set the parms like this:
MinDamageBase 0
MaxDamageBase 0
MinDamagePerLevel 0.52
MaxDamagePerLevel 1.13
ItemLevel 10
I got the 2 damage numbers by taking the min/max damage and dividing by the level and then dividing again by the speed.

Or you could just set your item's ItemLevel and let it default to the normal weapon damage for that level and give it a Damage magic modifier like ModifierDamageMinMult1. In this case your weapon would be 10% better damage than the normal weapon.