PDA

View Full Version : 11 Months of Books, Beyond the Best

Delilah Rehm
05-27-2008, 10:25 AM
I havenít been taking good notes of what Iíve read, and decided to make a master list from when I started tracking them in mid 2006. In 2006 I read about 9 books, in 2007 I read 24 books, and so far this year (2008) Iíve read 22 books. I did a review last year covering Aug 2006 to May 2007 (19 books), about 10 months. I have 36 books to tell you about from this 11 months.

This book I loved beyond anything Iíve read in awhile (******): Rules of Engagement (Serrano 5) by Elizabeth Moon.

Moonís characters are deeply engaging. I fell in love with many of them. They donít always do what Iíd like, and some things in RoE break my heart. I love the closeness and incredible bonds between the characters. They will go to great -life changing- lengths for each other. Itís a rare thing in Real Life, but that kind of love and acceptance is a treasure people crave.

The darkness, the evil bit of trouble in RoE is similar to the first book of this series, but imo, better. I love that darkness. Something about it, about what people are really capable of, pulls at me. People can be horrible to each other, and Moonís characters have to endure, survive, thrive and fight this darkness.