PDA

View Full Version : Does the game runs in 2560x1600?

etien
06-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Feel like buying this game, but I have a question, does the game runs in 2560x1600 ? Most indie developper dont seem to care and this is a shame for 30@ screens. Etienne

Shadow
06-04-2008, 09:28 AM
I have never tested it that high since the highest resolution I can get on any of my computers is 1680x1050, but it should work fine. Since the game is 3D, different resolutions really aren't a problem and it just asks your computer what resolutions it can support and gives those as options. You can grab the latest Windows or Mac demo and test it.

etien
06-04-2008, 09:47 AM
ok will do - assuming the demo is the same engine than the full game - but things are not that simple. For example evochron renegades runs fine till 2048x1400 but fails in 2560x1600 (nvidia 175.16 Geforce 8800GTX. Vista 32 Ultimate). And noone really understand why. Like you the developper doesnt have a 30" screen so he cannot really test. Etienne

Shadow
06-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean. Since I can't test it directly, I can't guarantee that it will work (but it should).

The latest demos work the same way as the full version does (at least resolution wise), so if the res works in the demo it will work in the full version.

etien
06-04-2008, 03:24 PM
bon la demo marche en 2560x1600 fyi. :)

Delve
06-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Looks like a potential localization tester. ;)

Shadow
06-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Well I'll assume from the smiley face and google's bad translation of "good demo march" that the game runs the resolution fine. :)

(name here)
06-04-2008, 11:51 PM
i suddenly have moniter envy

iclamp
06-05-2008, 08:45 AM
I have a big old monitor, and am enjoying the game very much. I have the Dell 32inch WFP, with Geforce 8800 GTXs

The only problem is that at this definition the graphic resolution does end up looking a little below par, particularly on the "entry, start new game etc" screen and when viewing equipement and inventory. If you compare it to similar games (eg Titan Quest, Supreme commander) you realise what an amazing game this could have been with slightly crisper graphics. I think we'd all appreciate slightly better definition of paths, monsters and spell effects, for example.

That being said, soldak are obviously a smaller developer- and have concentrated more on content and gameplay, which I'm loving immensely (and a lot more than other more expensive games)

Hope this helps
Iain

etien
06-05-2008, 09:29 AM
lol typed in French - must have been very tired yesterday - yes has the translators guessed it is working fine and also as it has been said before the sceen menus looks sort of poor is a 30" 2560x1600 screen - mostly because of the streched font of characters.

Rather than streching the font graphics an option could be pick the font size in a range from super small to super big, would look better, but no big deal. [obviously on the big screen the choice will be super big - dont do the X3 reunion egosoft mistake to fix the size of the font, the result on big screen is a super small font, your current choice is better comparatively].

This is not at all a priority and adding more quests / content / fun to the game should always preceed.. ( I am not interested into MP - but I guess I will be a minority here ).

A funy 'glitch' : when my player walks, the grass is a bit blured, the effect stops as soon as the walk is other, the effect is only visible on the grass, wonder if it is not a 'moire pattern' with the resolution of the screen and its 60Hz frequqncy, no big deal but strange and a bit disturbing.

Btw the game got a very good review in the english specialized press.

Appologizes for my english - Etienne