PDA

View Full Version : Modding a covenants size?

Priceykins
06-04-2008, 09:59 PM
High all.

Id first Just like to say thank you for the nest game I have played in a long time :)

Why I am posting is to ask if it would be possible to mod a covenants size, as in to allow say 9 recruits to be hired? or even more? As I have an idea to mod the game so that each covenant has its own town, basically a replica of the main town, just renamed. Would this be possible?

That idea is a goal for the far future, first I have to learn how to actually mod the game :p First, I have to ask, what language is the game programed with, as I assume ill need to learn it? I have the sdk, and have been reading through, and managed to succsesfully mod my party size to allow me to use all my recruits so far.

Any help will be much appreciated, and once again, fantastic game you have here.

Delve
06-05-2008, 05:07 AM
You won't need to know the programming language that the game was written in. A little general programming background may help, but you won't be getting into the source code.

As to your questions, I'm not sure about covenant size. I'm pretty sure you can't create another town, I seem to recall that being asked before. At least, not one that would have a functional AI covenant house in it.

Priceykins
06-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Fair enough about the programming language. As for the town thing, ill check the forums, havent seen it there before, but I probably just missed it, or don't remember it.

Delve
06-05-2008, 10:35 AM
I think Shadow mentioned you could re-use the town graphics in a new map zone, but you couldn't put vendors or covenants in it. I'd track the thread down but I've got a trillion other things on my desk at the moment. :)

Shadow
06-05-2008, 03:34 PM
As for the covenant size, you can change the MaxRecruits parameter in the systems.gdb file. I would backup all of your characters before changing this though since you could break something. Technically you should probably do this any time you start modifying stuff. :)

I don't know how well it will work if you make the max recruits too high. For example, you might have issues moving around in your house. :)

As for other towns, I said this in another thread somewhere so I'll just do the quick version. You could build something like a town in another level somewhere, but I don't think you could put NPCs or covenants there.

Priceykins
06-12-2008, 08:43 PM
just got round to trying to increase the covenant size to 9 recruits (plus me makes 10), but seems the game doesnt like it as when I try to play a new/saved game after the mod it gives me

error: access violation at 0x0041613b02(tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated

so seems it breaks the game if you try to increase the covenant size, and ive got no idea why. :p

Shadow
06-12-2008, 10:19 PM
I'll look at it and see if it is fixable or not.

Draganoth
08-17-2011, 07:43 PM
As for the covenant size, you can change the MaxRecruits parameter in the systems.gdb file. I would backup all of your characters before changing this though since you could break something. Technically you should probably do this any time you start modifying stuff. :)

I don't know how well it will work if you make the max recruits too high. For example, you might have issues moving around in your house. :)

As for other towns, I said this in another thread somewhere so I'll just do the quick version. You could build something like a town in another level somewhere, but I don't think you could put NPCs or covenants there.

You might didn't see it but: There's co÷rdinates put in the vendor positions, I'd say: Copy an NPC and try to put them in an generated town using co÷rds, The problem is it maybe won't fight or talk to you, As it might be hardcoded to the town.

cheggs
09-19-2011, 10:48 PM
very old post i know, but it is possible to mod covenant size, i have mine set to 20, i tried 100, just to see what would be going on in the other lvl 100 covenants, and its just a complete mess :D