PDA

View Full Version : Lesser v. Greater heals

Spellbound
06-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Hey guys, Spellbound again ( No one knows meh, dont worry! ) anyway, I think Shadow mentioned in the demo priest skills and spells thread by Analog that they made lesser and greater heals the way they are so some people would like greater for faith efficiency, and some lesser for heal per second efficiency. WELL.. most priests that have posted on these forums claim that they have plenty of faith and rarley have a problem with it, same here. Even at Greater and Lesser heal at level ONE, lesser heal is alot better. L1- Lesser heal: 25 healing, .5 seconds. Greater heal: 90 healing, 2.5 seconds. airgo..125 healing for lesser in the time period for a greater. And for all that extra healing, it only costed 10 extra faith :D . Yet, keep in mind, this is level one...but im at level 5 or 6 in lesser heal now, still alot better :p

ShaggyMoose
06-05-2008, 09:58 AM
The benefit to me is that the lesser heal is much faster. I went with this because when I heal someone, I want it now. Its easier to spam lesser heal when required than have an NPC die while you were casting.

Delve
06-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Ditto. The only time that efficiency is a critical concern is in combat. In combat your cast time becomes critical as a boss or legendary mob can demolish your health faster than you can blink. I'll spend faith like water if it'll keep me alive and that extra second is another second's worth of damage I have to take.

I can also use that extra casting time to spam another holy bolt instead.

Spellbound
06-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Same. Conclusion ---! Lesser owns :D hey.. dont you guys think if you have a thread or something that you should be able to get a message bout it on here instead of an email? b/c i think i check this more than my email.. and i hate the lil icons by teh thread :confused:

Delve
06-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Use the New Posts link, it's always worked for me. It's near the top of the forum header bar.

Shadow
06-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Eventually I would like to be able to turn on the email notification stuff, but our current host has a fairly low emails allowed to be sent per hour and sent at same time. So turning on the email notification stuff would be unreliable and would make it so I can't send out emails at times.

For the time being, like Delve said the New Posts button works pretty well.

Spellbound
06-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Yeh, thats what I use right now. Well.. i tink dats default, but w/e!