PDA

View Full Version : Menu modding causing a crash

Delve
06-05-2008, 01:55 PM
So I'm ambitious, and I'm trying to add a tab to the skills menu.
Which is working beautifully, as long as I link that tab to an already existing submenu file. If I create a skillsSubmenu6 file and try to add that as a submenu it silently crashes as soon as I open that tab. I already verified that the name was correct in the file (name SkillsSubmenu6) and that all parentWidget references are also correctly set to SkillsSubmenu6.

Any idea what I'm missing?

Shadow
06-05-2008, 02:50 PM
My guess is that you need to add in your new menu into the menus.lst file somewhere so that the game knows to load your new menu file.

Delve
06-05-2008, 03:41 PM
I'll try that as soon as I get back to that computer, thanks. :)

Spellbound
06-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Geez, i'd have to say one thing im scared to touch on my computer are system files! I dont even think i know the proper way to make another file besides the words copy and paste ( thats prolly all it is now dat i think about it :p ) anyway, I salute you guys! what kind of skill tab are you trying to add?

Delve
06-06-2008, 05:01 PM
I'm just fiddling around to see if it's possible at the moment. Beyond that, who knows?

Delve
06-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Okay, so, the game reacts rather... unpredictably when I start mucking around that avenue. It also doesn't seem to like having more than 10 skills in a skill tree. I'm going to give this up as a bust at the moment and look down more promising avenues. Or maybe I'll work on my website. Too many projects, too much day job.

Spellbound
06-07-2008, 05:47 PM
i think im in the wrong folder.. i was trying to mod xp frm monsters so i went to systems and i made all the monsters ( normal common unique etc. ) like 5X their xp and its not working..

Delve
06-07-2008, 08:47 PM
If you just want a quick massive xp boost mod, I can probably do that for you.

Spellbound
06-07-2008, 11:01 PM
How's that?

Delve
06-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Like this.

Drop the attached file into your DoP assets folder. When you get tired of it, delete it or move it elsewhere.