PDA

View Full Version : Destroying enemy Covenant

Yots
06-05-2008, 03:33 PM
How come we only receive Influence when we destroy an enemy Covenant?
Shouldn't we also get the crystals?

Also I have at many times went in and destroyed a Covenant after it's life stone is damaged over 50-60% and yet another Covenant gets the Influence.
why is that?

Yots

Spellbound
06-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Most likley because another convant attacked first? Or was teh lifestone already at 50-60%?

Delve
06-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Every time you damage another covenant (lifestone, recruits, guards, or the leader) you get 'points' against that covenant. When a covenant is destroyed the covenant with the most points against it gets the rewards.

You get bonus points for doing damage during a raid, and your point score will drop over time. So attacking a weakened covenant may be a great way to get rid of some competition, but it may not get you any tangible rewards.

Spellbound
06-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Oh yeah, that makes since. If there's one major "Bug" though in this game it would be that priests can heal from anywhere, just right click on the characters hp bar. Airgo, raids be easy for priests, sit at home, keep faith up, dont fall asleep. :D

Delve
06-05-2008, 03:53 PM
You don't even have to click. Make sure you have no target and you can simply hover the mouse over someone's health bar and use the hotkeys.

Spellbound
06-05-2008, 03:59 PM
seriously? lol! anyway yeah i read your post about hardiness. Kinda confusing, but I get it. hardiness owns, regardless of lifestone crap! :D Another bug i encountered yesterday, maybe it wasnt a bug..w/e. anyway, an npc in town got killed ( warmaster ) and they usually get rezed in like 10 minutes or something. I ran around, quested, raided, and crap for like 40 minutes and he never rezzed. ( there was never a quest at teh apocorary ) however u spell it.. anyway, it sucked cuz i had a FULL quest log of completed quests to give all to HIM. :(

(name here)
06-05-2008, 05:02 PM
two things:

1. respawn timers are random, i've had people go for insainly long times without respawning, and i've had people respawn when their body hits the floor

2. i really, really, hate leet speak. especially in a forum post

Spellbound
06-05-2008, 05:36 PM
What's leet speak? lol

Yots
06-05-2008, 05:41 PM
That makes sense with getting the Covenents influence but no one answered about why we don't receive any of the crystals. I usally go to trade and demand thier crystals until they are out then go to war with them.

Yots

ShaggyMoose
06-05-2008, 06:07 PM
two things:
2. i really, really, hate leet speak. especially in a forum post

Well, it wasn't leet speak exactly, but I agree that it was barely english.;)

ShaggyMoose
06-05-2008, 06:09 PM
That makes sense with getting the Covenents influence but no one answered about why we don't receive any of the crystals.
I guess its a balance issue, same reason we don't get their artifacts.

Delve
06-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Yeah, your only reward is the influence and the reward chest, which sadly is completely random just like every other chest. I've lost count of the times Treasure Hunters has found some spiffy artifact or set piece I wanted. :mad:

133T 5p34k is harder to read than that. That's AOL-speak. No less irritating even if it does use mostly proper letters.

Spellbound
06-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Sorry.. :o