PDA

View Full Version : Violation??

chidori56
06-05-2008, 10:05 PM
i was starting the game on my laptop cuz i just got it back from ASUS after being repaired and it said Acess Violation what's it mean??? i gots it on my laptop (now) desktop and my dads laptop (cuz i didn't know when i would be getting my laptop back)

(name here)
06-05-2008, 10:39 PM
it's a crash bug. i thought it was gone.

also, would it really be that hard to type because?

Shadow
06-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Yeah, it would be a crash. It sounds like it crashes on startup. If it crashes and it hasn't even asked for you key yet then it is probably the DEP issue (look in the manual (http://www.soldak.com/Depths-of-Peril/Manual.html#dep) for the fix). If it gets past that, it is probably an old sound driver. If so update your sound drivers.

chidori56
06-06-2008, 06:56 PM
ya i put in key and closed it when it opened but when i went to see if my char came on to my laptop version it said the violation then anouther pop up and Vista said that the game needed to find repairs so i closed the send report box cause i send probly anywhere from 1-20 reports a day thats how offten the programs fail with Vista (no exageration) but i got it goin (same version i didn't reinstall) but what could have happend that got it screwed up?(it opend 2 times about 5 min after i got the violation pop up)