PDA

View Full Version : Armor skill

numnum
06-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Prolly a very dumb question but how do I upgrade my armor skill? I'm using a mage and I can't even wear leather :p

Shadow
06-06-2008, 09:53 AM
You can't for a mage. The priest can upgrade to mail armor and the warrior can upgrade to plate, but that is it. All of the armor types have items that available up to really high levels though.

Delve
06-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Mages will always have poor armor compared to a similarly leveled rogue, priest, or warrior. That's as it should be.

However, like Shadow says, you'll find better cloth armor at higher levels. It'll just still be cloth, and so less armor value than equivalent leather/mail/plate.

chidori56
06-06-2008, 07:17 PM
well thats dumb it realy is they should all be equal so people don't hover over one role. by that way i have preist char how do you get mail is it the level or what if level what level is it

Shadow
06-06-2008, 07:47 PM
The priest has a mail skill on one of the skill tabs. You can get it whenever you save up enough skill points for it.

krozman
06-06-2008, 08:45 PM
My warrior has some cloth armor with no significant armor value, but like +45 vitality to it. I can't seem to justify sacrificing all that HP for more armor.

Delve
06-07-2008, 06:07 AM
well thats dumb it realy is they should all be equal so people don't hover over one role.

Should the warrior be able to cast fireballs as well?

chidori56
06-07-2008, 11:54 PM
well no but the idea that we have so much mail in the game (or is that just me?) and can't use it is stupid all roles should have equal armer but yet the fact that preists heal is what makes me stay away from other roles in every game i am always the healer becuase i feel weak if I can't heal myself. if every role or just preist and mage had heals well that would be great but then what would happen to the balance. we may never know but I say having 2 roles haveing heals is better for not favoring we should be encuraged to try new roles. but thats hard if your like me afraid of losing, or wanting to be the best with the best.

Spellbound
06-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Well, you're going to have to decide, arnt ya? This is an RPG. There are so many options of what to do. Thats what makes it SO fun! You could be a warrior, and heft the biggest weapons, wear the heaviest armor, and kick ass and take names, or you could be a priest, and bearly die. You could be a mage, and get the most damage at one time from a spell, or you could be a rogue, and..and..well..(pass??) lol, anyway, its pretty easy to see advantages in characters, but if everyones balanced, whats the point? :confused:

SevenMass
06-08-2008, 06:04 AM
The game is balanced, this is one of the most balanced games I've played so far.

Its a good thing the mage can't wear heavier armor, it would only distract new players, tempting them to invest in STR. The mage in this game is better off sticking to cloth armor anyway, even if armor wasn't class restricted.

You can just sell off the items you can't use, and get a coin and some good vibes with the other factions.

Delve
06-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Let me just say that my warrior is sick and tired of finding all this cloth crud. Stuff should never have gotten coded into the game. Ought to burn it all. It's downright useless. I find more worthless cloth armor and bloody walking sticks than there are treasure chests in the world. It's disheartening, makes one think every barbarian fled from the hordes in nothing but their skivvies.

That's a joke btw, yeah? :) Every class encounters 'useless' items. It's the nature of the genre.