PDA

View Full Version : How do I trigger an alliance win?

slejfund
06-08-2008, 12:18 PM
On the 'Win Progress' screen, under 'Alliance Win', the following is displayed:

Progress: 3 covenants destroyed, 3 alliances
For alliance win: 0 covenants left to destroy of ally

It's been like this for an hour while I continue questing. Is there something I can do to trigger an alliance win?

cronodevir
06-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Did you see a blinking crown in the top right?

slejfund
06-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Did you see a blinking crown in the top right?

No, the crown doesn't appear. I've gotten a win before, so I know what the crown looks like.

cronodevir
06-08-2008, 01:29 PM
I have no idea then. i'm kinda a noob at the game. =)

(name here)
06-08-2008, 05:33 PM
i think you need to destroy two of your allies

krozman
06-08-2008, 07:40 PM
How can allies be allies unless they give you the bronze chest for not killing them?

cronodevir
06-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Ive never had a bronze chest for not killing my allies. [when i say ally,i mean i have an actual "allience" treaty]

SevenMass
06-08-2008, 08:21 PM
From my experiences, the very moment that you have an alliance with all still living factions you win.

This happens either the very moment you ally with the last faction or the very moment the last unallied faction is killed off.

No need to kill anyone, if you have enough moohla the moment the game starts, you can basically win right away this way. (assuming you are also the strongest)

I don't know why its different for you.

cronodevir
06-09-2008, 12:02 AM
The same just happened to me..

I'm allied with The Gilded Coin, and the Allience of Faith, and they have a mutual non-agression pact...there are no other guilds.

I'm bottom on power and influence ranking.

My game did not end.

krozman
06-09-2008, 01:06 AM
Ive never had a bronze chest for not killing my allies. [when i say ally,i mean i have an actual "allience" treaty]

You don't understand my complete sarcasm. While they have a bronze chest, there can be no alliance. THEY MUST DIE AND GIVE YOU LOOT. KILL THEM.

Delve
06-09-2008, 04:45 AM
You get a smaller reward chest for annihilating all opponents.

When you have an alliance with every remaining AI covenant and you're not at the top of the power chart you're supposed to get a shared victory, aren't you?

cronodevir
06-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Nah, i attacked guilded coin [i'm level 14 average, they are level 20 average]..after about 30 minutes of back and forth raids. [stupid allience of faith didn't raid them with me..even though i had 98 relation..NINTYEIGHT]..they finally raided and killed me, all while allience of faith was apparently afk...

98 relations with allience, 0.0 relations with gilded...faith still refused to raid gilded.

(name here)
06-09-2008, 05:27 PM
what was alliance's relation with guilded coin? if it's above 25ish they don't raid that i've noticed

cronodevir
06-09-2008, 10:55 PM
63 heh

they would have never fought., they even had a mutal protection pact...

but the odd part was, Faith was at war with gilded, despite still having a pact and 63 relations.

as a note, this was the only game i used the money for money trick to boost relations..

raid and pillage had my stone at like 4 % and i quickly bribed faith and gilded, i sold them 46 silver for 46 silver, relations went up 5 points each time....they quickley rushed raid and pillage and killed them.

edit 2: yep, it just happened again in yet another game, i allied with the 3 remaining guilds, and the game did not end, i was forced to kill off all 3 guilds. I used the money trick in this game aswell.

Is there something i don't know about it the money trade?

Shadow
06-10-2008, 01:50 PM
To answer the original question, you aren't supposed to have to do anything to win an alliance game other than only have full allies left in the game.

cronodevir
06-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Well, ive had that twice so far and the game didn't end untill only one covenant was left.

Is there a way to edit characters? i could test a bunch of games and see what the result is. I looked at the save files and they were all encrypted :(

I am using 1.010 by the way. The Soldak version of the game.

Shadow
06-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Strange, I'll look at it.

You could try to edit the characters if you wanted to. They aren't encrypted, but they are in a binary format so it wouldn't be terribly easy.

Delve
06-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Write down your real, unadjusted stats. Use the Windows calculator to convert them to hexidecimal.
Open your favorite hex editor (I use Ultraedit, or there's a competent freeware program called XII32 or something when I don't have UE available).
Search for your character name, then start looking for patterns of hex numbers that roughly match your stats.

Of course, it may be more complicated than that depending on how Shadow stored the data. I've never bothered to mess with it. You'd probably be better off modding the skills to give yourself a little, ah, competitive edge.

cronodevir
06-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Well,id only want it to effect one character, not entier skills or classes.

slejfund
06-10-2008, 10:14 PM
When this situation happened in my game (i.e. 3 covenants destroyed, 3 allied, but no alliance win), I was on good terms with every covenant at every point in the game. I suspect that the game requires you to be at war with, or to be raiding, at least one covenant at the time a covenant is destroyed to achieve an alliance win. I'll test my hypothesis this weekend. No time to play during the week :(

Jude
06-11-2008, 07:20 AM
Hmm, sounds like an irritating bug, especially since I tend to favor more peaceful solutions if possible...

Jude