PDA

View Full Version : Warrior question: crush and crushing blow

Paladin Sponge
06-09-2008, 04:39 AM
Got the game a few days ago, warrior's up to 23 now (When it's quiet at work, it's really quiet) and I've been thinking about specializing him in maces. Reason being, I've been spamming crush a lot, and it seems to work fairly well. But I'm not sure if maces are the way to go. I've just been using a mace since it's got the best damage range I've found for instant attacks, but I noticed I can use the crush skill with an edged weapon as well.

So, is there any additional bonus to using crush with a mace? Or is it the same all around?

(name here)
06-09-2008, 05:23 PM
i recall that the mace focus skill gives +4% or so to crushing blow per level. axe focus skill deals more damage, sword focus skill gives a defense bonus.

Delve
06-10-2008, 07:24 AM
I believe a 'crushing blow' is a sort of critical in that it's a random chance of automatically dealing maximum damage for the weapon that dealt the blow. Not all that special, but handy to have.

Crush, on the other hand, is an activated skill. I forget it's specific effects though. As far as using a mace is concerned, I don't think weapon type has any effect at all on Crush or crushing blows.

Paladin Sponge
06-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the clarification. As an aside, the priest skill tree explains it pretty much exactly as D stated. Sorry. A little too premature on the posting over here.