PDA

View Full Version : Saving games--Am I missing something?

Jude
06-09-2008, 05:19 PM
I am still trying out the Mac demo, so perhaps it will be different when I buy the full game, but it seems like I can only have one saved game. In other words, I am unable to figure out how to start a new game with a different character without overwriting the previous game. The game seems to automatically save and only offers the choice to continue the last game.

I would like to be able to start and save multiple games with different characters. Is this possible? Where are the saved games stored for the Mac version? Would it be possible to somehow back one up, and then start a new one, and replace the backed up one later?

Jude

(name here)
06-09-2008, 05:25 PM
click play game from the main menu, then new character. if that doesn't work, somthing is seriously wrong.

Shadow
06-09-2008, 05:40 PM
You can have as many characters as you want and each one of them saves separately. If you want to start a new character just do what (name here) said and hit the Play Game button and then New character.

The Resume button just makes it quicker to load the last character that you played. It doesn't restrict your number of characters in any way.

You probably don't need it any more, but on the Mac the characters are stored in /Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Application Support/Depths of Peril/User/Chars

Jude
06-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Okay, thanks! I was missing something. Clicking play lets you create new characters and choose among the created characters. That works. Thanks, again, both of you!

Jude