PDA

View Full Version : critical hit

linger
06-14-2008, 05:30 AM
I'm confused about some aspects of the game...

I'm playing a warrior. I notice intelligence increases the critical hit chance by x%. Where can I find out what my current critical hit % is?

Also, I notice that some of the warrior's 'defense' skills category require critical hit, but I don't see it as a skill to select anywhere. Is it a default skill that's available to all classes then?

How does DPS come into play? I see that my warrior's character sheet has his range of damage, which I assume is the range of damage dealt on a hit...so how does DPS affect that?

Thanks

(name here)
06-14-2008, 10:47 AM
critical hit is not a skill. it is a damage bonus assigned by the RNG to single attacs.

Shadow
06-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Everyone has a small chance of getting a critical hit of which, I believe, starts out at 5%. You don't need a skill to get a critical hit, but intelligence and many skills boost the chance. Oh, and no there isn't a final value listed anywhere.

linger
06-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks for clearing that up guys :)

Could you explain the difference between 'damage per second' and the 'damage range' under my character sheet also?

Edit: I tried searching the forum some more...and what I gather is that DPS is an average of what you can expect your character to deal taking into account the modifiers and weapon speed, etc. Is that correct?

Shadow
06-14-2008, 07:13 PM
DPS (damage per second) is basically just the average damage divided by the weapon speed. In other words, it's an easier way to compare weapons that have different damage ranges and different speeds.

linger
06-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Gotcha, thanks shadow

Delve
06-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Here's my vote to display your current, adjusted crit and crushing blow percents somewhere on the character screen. :)

Possibly as a popup on the DPS value or something similarly out of the way.

feonentis
06-18-2008, 06:49 AM
Hello everyone, does the intelligence only affect critical hit made by magic ?
i had spend some points in intelligence for my first rogue character to increase critical hit chance, but when we look at it closer, it's something like critical hit chance/magic

If any one have the real answer

(sorry for my bad ass english i'm french ^^)

Shadow
06-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Intelligence increases the chance of normal and magic critical hits.

feonentis
06-19-2008, 06:49 AM
Thanks ! seems like i'm gonna switch back to my first rogue.
How many point do you spend in int ? ( something like 1 every 2 level ?)