PDA

View Full Version : Secret areas & infinte chests

Mystrys
06-14-2008, 11:44 AM
I'll proberbly get shouted at for posting this but here goes..

When finding a secret area in a levelled dungeon, e.g. Creepy Crypt Lvl 2, upon revisiting the same area & re-entering the secret area again the chests have re-spawned & can be looted again. Rinse & repeat to your hearts content.

*ducks & puts in ear plugs* :D

ShaggyMoose
06-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Hmm, does this work in the wilderness? I am sure I have revisited a secret room and it was empty.

Mystrys
06-15-2008, 09:55 AM
It only seems to work in a levelled dungeon not on the ordinary map. May be something to do with being a sub-level ?
For example, it doesn't work on a Red Death secret area but does on Creepy Crypt Level 2 ( under Red Death ).

pdizzle
06-15-2008, 07:20 PM
couldn't duplicate here. i was in torture dungeon level 2. tried leaving by both teleport and going up one level but with no luck. do i have to walk completely out of the dungeon then re enter?

Mystrys
06-16-2008, 06:50 AM
Here is what happened to me.

I had a quest to kill a unique in the 2nd level of a dungeon (can't remember the exact dungeon).
While on the 2nd level & looking for the unique I found a secret area from opening a chest.
I entered the secret area & potted up on treasure find then opened all 4 chests.
Due to the lack of inventory space I left the secret area, opened a portal home & sold all the pickups.
I used the portal back to the 2nd level & re-entered the secret area to pick up the rest of the drops.
Upon entering all 4 chests were shut again & I was able to open them all & get more drops. The items I left on the floor from the first drops were still there.

I planned on going back again but had to deal with a town attack , forgot I had a portal open & opened another after killing last tower.
On the way to the secret area I found & killed the unique, got distracted & forgot about going back to the secret area again.:rolleyes:

Please note, I am running XP & using Arcade Town version 1.009.