PDA

View Full Version : Party Members

Theoffbeatz
06-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Hey I am pretty new to this game and I have some minor confusion about the strength of party members.

I started a Rouge first and got to lvl 10 but I was disapointed with the amout of damage I was doing and also the amount of dmg my warrior party member was considerably higher- around 100 max dmg. He really just sliced through enemies like butter while I was having a hard time taking one on by myself. So I figured I just wasn't really playing a rouge correct or effeciently so I started a warrior.

My warrrior was really good at first because I had decent starting equiptment from my rouge. However, once I hit lvl 10 again I noticed that my party member, ironically this time a rouge, was really kicking but and taking names, slicing through foes with a single hit because of her stealth, but also because her attack was incredibly high. My warrior did considerably more dammage than my rouge, but really sucked when facing enemies and compared to my warriors Rouge.

Currently my warrior's Dmg at lvl 17 is 30-69 using SteelSlicer a sword with 19.6 Dammage per second, while his rouge party member deals 61 - 103 with NO equiptment.

I was wondering if this is normal, or if it evens out over the levels, or if I just suck at the game. . Thanks in advance.

Paladin Sponge
06-19-2008, 03:28 AM
It is normal. At least, I notice the same thing. If you strip off the few things your companions wear, they've still got some decent numbers. Do the same to your toon and the results aren't so pleasant.

I figure there are few enough perks. Might as well enjoy this one.

(name here)
06-19-2008, 09:57 AM
yeah, recruits get hidden bonuses, though the rogue damage is also boosted by stealth. it makes up for the lack of equipment on recruits.

Shadow
06-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Well when you were playing your rogue, your warrior had a higher MAX damage. That's expected for the most part. Rogues tend to do less damage per hit, but they are a lot faster. If you compare their DPS, it will be much more comparable.

Comparing to the rogue recruit was also an unfair comparison since the rogue has stealth. The numbers on the recruit page show the current stats ,which are being modified by stealth, which gives a really large bonus to damage. Stealth only gives a bonus for the first few seconds of a fight though. So for the first few seconds of a fight your rogue recruit is going to be very deadly, but then her damage will drop back to a normal level that you are expecting.

Sometime pause the game in the middle of a longer fight and look at your rogue's stats. Assuming the stealth effect is worn off, the rogue should then have more reasonable stats.

Znork
06-24-2008, 04:29 PM
My experience was the same early game: hirelings out-damaging your hero. Makes you feel a little incompetent, yes ;-)

Somewhat later in the game, when you stumble upon some high-dmg gear, and start to pump some of your favourite skills (and have the rage/momentum/mana to spam them), your hireling changes more and more into a helper: doing a little dmg, being a piece of meat to take some hits, to buff you (vitality priest anyone?) or to set bosses to fire.