PDA

View Full Version : Diablo clones

Shadow
06-28-2008, 09:09 PM
If Soldak made Diablo clones, I would be terrified right about now. However, since we don't, I'm excited about what is likely to be a pretty cool game. Of course, who knows when it will actually come out.

Paladin Sponge
06-29-2008, 12:37 AM
For the uninformed here, what in the devil are you talking about? Delve wants to know.

>.>

<.<

^_^

tuberski
06-29-2008, 01:08 AM
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

Paladin Sponge
06-29-2008, 04:21 AM
ah, thanks. Certainly looks pretty.

(name here)
06-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Technically, you DO make a diablo clone, it's just been modified in two major ways to actually have different gameplay.

Shadow
06-29-2008, 01:14 PM
It's mostly semantics, but that's why I personally would say we are not a Diablo clone. We are certainly in the same genre though.

Delve
06-29-2008, 04:20 PM
If by Diablo clone you mean it's in the same genre that Diablo pioneered and refined, then yeah. DoP is a Diablo clone. However, since Diablo is the archetype for the entire genre I think using 'clone' in reference to it is... a bit much.

Sadly, the best term for this particular genre is... uh... Diablo clones. :o But anyway, DoP departs enough from the usual implementation of the genre that I doubt it should be termed a clone. Not that my opinion will stop anyone.

SevenMass
07-02-2008, 10:39 AM
I will certainly end up buying D3 when it comes out, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying DoP in the meantime.

You are probably still lucky your release of DoP didn't coincide with the release of D3 though, that would have probably been disastrous.

Silent_Tales
08-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Woah!! Diablo 3 has DX10 Graphics!! That's mind boggling!! I hope my PC can handle this game.. Yeah, while waiting for D3, might as well play with DoT.. Lesser graphics but Very,Very,Very Good Gameplay!! :D:D:D

Oh, and I hope you make an expansion of DoT.. I read in Wikipedia that "Shadow" is planning on making an expansion? When will it be released?