PDA

View Full Version : Mod Proof of Concept, the War Mage

Delve
07-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Yes, silly cliche of a name, sue me. :)

CAVEATS: This mod is not a complete work. It's not even a half-done attempt. It's a proof of concept. You could play it, but I don't think the experience would be of any benefit.

The target audience here is modders. Take this and use it as a template for your own junk. :)
To see the results of the hack, drop the mod in your assets folder and check out what used to be the mage's Fireball and Chain Lightning skills. Then crack open the mod files and see what's actually going on in the background.

Notes: If you already have a modded databases.dbl file then this mod will probably not play nice with it. I wouldn't try to mix them.

And now, the linky.
War Mage Proof of Concept (http://64.39.154.152/downloads/warMageProofOfConcept.zip)

Paladin Sponge
07-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Bah, 404.

Hey, I think I've come up with a quote to put in my profile:

"PS: Proudly Standing on the shoulders of others."

Seems like an appropriate tagline ^_~

Delve
07-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Hmm. My ISP seems to be jerking me around. I'll look into it later today.

Delve
08-26-2008, 01:46 PM
the link should be fixed now

Tariik
08-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Better contact that ISP again Delve, still no action on that link. Loading for a minute, then Network Timeout.

LordLabyrinth
08-27-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm also having difficulty downloading the file. I want to take a look at your war mage as I have plans to make a hybrid of mage and priest. I think by doing so she'll become too powerful, but it will be fun playing around with her.

Delve
09-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Oh for crying out loud. I'll go harass them some more. In the meantime, I'll look at other hosting options. :/

scragar
09-03-2008, 03:22 PM
I'll host it on 4shared if you want, or on my home computer(although I have terrible up speed I've got apache running continualy, so it's not putting me out any)
Options are there.

Delve
09-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I've got LAMP serving on my machine at the office, and supposedly a statically assigned IP. Fat lot of good that's doing me. :(

I've got something lined up though, the files might be available tonight or tomorrow sometime.

Shadow
09-05-2008, 01:42 PM
This mod is now on our mod page (http://www.soldak.com/Depths-of-Peril/Mods.html) so you can grab it from there.

Delve
09-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Hah. It figures the same day you post this stuff my ISP gets it's act together.
Turns out my IP was in the wrong range and wasn't being properly NATed, or some nonsense. Anyway, hopefully it will remain working now.