PDA

View Full Version : Major Crashes

Bloodson
07-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Hi, I just bought the full-version of this game and although I'm just starting out, I'm having major crashes, from the simplest of touches, you name it, the game crashes at the slightest touch of any touch. I'm on a Mac running the latest version of OSX. I think I could have fun with the game but finding it difficult. Anyone else having similar problems? Thanks!

dixmcc
07-11-2008, 04:45 AM
The demo version ran fine for long periods of time on my Mac (OS X 10.4 latest version). Sadly, the paid version (1.011) crashes every time my character leaves town. A little enemy-fighting and it's all over - I haven't been in the forest for more than 2 minutes yet.

Very disappointing, considering that the DEMO (1.010) WORKED FINE. Alas, there seem to be no Mac patches on Soldak's site. Can any Soldak folks speak to this issue?

Shadow
07-11-2008, 10:56 AM
We should be coming out with a patch soon for the mac.

Shadow
07-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Ok this isn't an official patch or even a beta patch, but I have a new test version that would be great if you guys could test out and see if it fixes your crash problems.

Download it from here (http://www.soldak.com/files/patches/DopMacTest.zip), unzip it (your Mac might automatically do this), and then drop it into your Depths of Peril folder (replacing the old version).

Bloodson
07-12-2008, 02:57 AM
So far so good, not one crash in the 15 minutes of game play, unfortunately I will have to be out of town until the 21st, I hope everyone will have fun playing the game, I'll miss it but I'll be back. Shadow, it seems like the beta is holding, good work, will check back in in a couple weeks! Enjoy!!!

Jude
07-12-2008, 11:55 AM
I tried it to make sure that it would still work under OS X 10.3.9, and it seems okay, except the windowed mode at 1280x1024 (which is also what my CRT monitor is set at) was too big and the bottom was cut off. Was all right in full screen mode, though.

Then I tried setting the windowed mode to 1600x1200, thinking that the window would be smaller, but the game crashed when I clicked APPPLY, and when I restarted, the window got so large that the APPLY button was hidden below the bottom of my screen, and I couldn't change back to full screen or another resolution. I had to find the user.cfg file and change to text for screen width and height (to 1024 and 768 respectively), so that I could start the game in a usable windowed mode, and then switch back to full screen.

Jude

Hyperboreer
07-14-2008, 02:54 PM
I love the game, today i bought the full version for my MAC. But the game always crashes when I try to choose "resume last game" or "play the game". Is there anybody out there who could give a hint? I would be very happy!
This is the detailled information about the crash:

Process: RPG [328]
Path: /Applications/Depths of Peril/DepthsOfPeril.app/Contents/MacOS/RPG
Identifier: com.Soldak.DepthsOfPeril
Version: ??? (Version 1.011)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [72]

Date/Time: 2008-07-14 19:44:21.961 +0200
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.4 (9E17)
Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Thank you very much!
Greets,
Hyperboreer

Shadow
07-14-2008, 04:22 PM
That's strange. If you move your character files out of the chars directory, does it still crash? Your character files are in /Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Application Support/Depths of Peril/User/Chars