PDA

View Full Version : Mac version bug report

sss4r
07-16-2008, 10:24 PM
First, wow! Best game I've played since UT2K4, or I should say since 2K4--best 20 coin I've spent in ages. Thanks!

I'm running 1.011 on both PPC and Intel Macs, OS X 10.5.4. Ki is my first character, lvl 56 mage.

* When I trade items with other covenants, the items are always mail, plate, etc. Nothing for a mage, ever.

* I don't know if this is related to above, but when I go treasure hunting, maybe it's my imagination, but it seems I'm almost always finding items for warriors and such--very few cloth items. Are they more rare?

* Although the tip says 'delete' will remove an item from a slot, it does not--it is set properly in input configuration.

* Three times now I've discovered my staff has been substituted with a way inferior one. My DPS goes way down. It may be that I am getting too excited while trading with Oslo and equipping by mistake, but again, it has happened 3 times, and *only* with the staff. I swear I'm not sabotaging myself subconsciously. I really wanted to mention this one, because 20 lvls later & I still haven't found a staff that was as good as the one I had before it appeared to disappear.

* I think soulstones go away when you save and restore. Is that on purpose?

That's all I can remember for now. I could spew a 1000 compliments about the game, but I'm sure I can say nothing new. Looking forward to expansion packs, what's next from you, etc.

Best,
Shannon

sss4r
07-16-2008, 10:54 PM
I see this very frequently and wonder if it's related to the issue where the other covenants never, ever offer to trade anything that a mage can use:

Just beat a world, opened the last 2 reward chests, got about 10-12 items. Most magical, but nothing a mage can use. Goes like that a lot, same for chests in secret areas, stashes, etc.

Silent_Tales
07-16-2008, 11:12 PM
I think about the staff and cloth issue.. I'm currently at LvL100 and I am quickly finishing worlds just for the Chests.. I'm collecting every colored item I can find (except green).. I say, every item I found has no staff and only very limited robes,cloths! I found robes, cloths but they are for very low levels (Ciglio's...)... But there is a set for high level mages like you but no staff included (Raven Set?)..
About the soulstone issue, DO NOT save and restore.. The stones will disappear by nature..
And about your sudden weak item, maybe you equipped a picked up item (right click) and then you quick sell your cool weapon..

Delve
07-17-2008, 06:33 AM
Cloth is somewhat less common it seems. I think Shadow should consider some player-class based adjustment of drop percentages. But the low frequency of drops also explains why AI covenants don't have it to trade. They get thier items through a similar algorithm to yours.

As for staff substitution, it's very possible you're accidentally hitting 'W'. You have two weapon configurations that are swapped on the fly with the 'W' key.

Shadow
07-17-2008, 11:45 AM
First, welcome to the forums Shannon. Glad you are enjoying the game.

* When I trade items with other covenants, the items are always mail, plate, etc. Nothing for a mage, ever.

I think what happens here is that the other covenants tend to keep their most expensive items, that they aren't using, to trade with the other covenants. Cloth is the cheapest armor type, so they probably don't keep it very often.

* I don't know if this is related to above, but when I go treasure hunting, maybe it's my imagination, but it seems I'm almost always finding items for warriors and such--very few cloth items. Are they more rare?

Cloth shouldn't be any more rare than the other armor types.

* Although the tip says 'delete' will remove an item from a slot, it does not--it is set properly in input configuration.

I'll look at this.

* I think soulstones go away when you save and restore. Is that on purpose?

Yes, you need to grab them before you stop the game.

On the topic of cloth/staves, the armor smith and the weapon smith do skew towards the player's class some. So they should actually stock more cloth and staves than they would if you were playing a different class.

Shadow
07-17-2008, 11:56 AM

Ok I looked at this, at least on my Mac there are 2 keys that are labelled as delete. One of them is next to the +/= key and the other is next to the fn/end keys. It's the 2nd delete key that the game is expecting you to use.

Just as an aside, on a Windows keyboard that first delete key is called backspace.

sss4r
07-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Ok I looked at this, at least on my Mac there are 2 keys that are labelled as delete. One of them is next to the +/= key and the other is next to the fn/end keys. It's the 2nd delete key that the game is expecting you to use.

Just as an aside, on a Windows keyboard that first delete key is called backspace.

Thanks, Mr. Shadow -- I've been a Machead for 2+ years & never noticed I had more than one delete key on my keyboard. I always thought of the other one as the "backspace" but that is not how it's labeled. I will try the other which will probably work. Appreciated.

sss4r
07-18-2008, 02:50 PM
yup, worked, thanks :)

WestOfCA
08-26-2008, 03:20 AM
Thanks, Mr. Shadow -- I've been a Machead for 2+ years & never noticed I had more than one delete key on my keyboard. I always thought of the other one as the "backspace" but that is not how it's labeled. I will try the other which will probably work. Appreciated.

Ditto, here. I never noticed either. I was having the same problem.

Wonderful game, love the graphics & the fast pace, & the wild looking monsters of course: unique, cool.