PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon doors

sss4r
07-21-2008, 03:44 PM
My mage's fire bolts can fly through doors and neutralize all the monsters on the other side before I even open it -- keeps me safer, but am i really supposed to be able to do that? I know there are openings in some dungeons where this is possible, but through solid doors?

GaiaThanatos
07-21-2008, 03:54 PM
The mage needs its strong points too >.>
Its about the only class that can't charge in going WHAAAAAAGH and expect to live :p
Between the rogue invisible shank,warrior crush of death, and priest shout of "I will NEVERRRR DIEEEE!"
THE MAGE WALLHAX SEEMS PRETTY DAMN FAIR :P

ShaggyMoose
07-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Some spells will do this more readily than others. For most, it depends on your line of sight to the monster. For others (mainly AOE, such as ice storm), its not important.

It certainly can feel cheap, especially when you destroy a unique without them laying a hand on you, but its usefulness is limited. eg. Dungeons with doors and "see through" walls. You are still on your own out in the open...

sss4r
07-21-2008, 04:32 PM
The mage needs its strong points too >.>
Its about the only class that can't charge in going WHAAAAAAGH and expect to live :p
Between the rogue invisible shank,warrior crush of death, and priest shout of "I will NEVERRRR DIEEEE!"
THE MAGE WALLHAX SEEMS PRETTY DAMN FAIR :P

LMAO!

That's all I wanted to say but I am typing this so that the board doesn't tell me my message is too short :)

sss4r
07-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Some spells will do this more readily than others. For most, it depends on your line of sight to the monster. For others (mainly AOE, such as ice storm), its not important.

It certainly can feel cheap, especially when you destroy a unique without them laying a hand on you, but its usefulness is limited. eg. Dungeons with doors and "see through" walls. You are still on your own out in the open...

It does feel cheap! I mean, I do it all the time.... But it feels a little like taking advantage of a possible bug, almost like cheating, and I am not entirely comfortable with it. If it gets fixed then I won't have to feel guilty anymore ;)

GaiaThanatos
07-21-2008, 04:52 PM
It does feel cheap! I mean, I do it all the time.... But it feels a little like taking advantage of a possible bug, almost like cheating, and I am not entirely comfortable with it. If it gets fixed then I won't have to feel guilty anymore ;)

Fixed how, make all walls magic reflective?
So if you cast magic fireball into the darkness it comes right back at you?

[Would be a cool bouncing physics effect, but auwch for close combat:rolleyes:

Delve
07-21-2008, 05:45 PM
This works for holy bolts as well.
There's nothing at all wrong with a fireball flying through a gate of iron bars. Now, the solid wood doors should be another matter entirely. It generally doesn't impact me much though, I try to stay out of dungeons as much as possible.

(name here)
07-21-2008, 08:04 PM
doors block line of sight, maybe?