PDA

View Full Version : Vendor Bug on Mac

Pseudonym
07-22-2008, 04:21 AM
I just bought the game several hours ago, mostly because I hoped that, as I experienced in the demo, the early game wouldn't be pathetically luck dependent and (I hoped) the late game would be the hard part -- unlike many strategy and adventure games.

Several covenants die. I end up ahead. A rival attacks -- as expected. This should be fine.

I lose, utterly, because I cannot click on one of the rivals' allies.

The rival has recruited a vendor. As a result, every time I click on her, I pull up an inventory menu and lose sight of everything on the screen -- and, due to clicking, drop items when I'm not looking.

Within the first few hours of ownership I get a bug that wastes all that time.

I am not happy.

(name here)
07-22-2008, 09:49 AM
THAT's never happened before. Which one was it? also, if this happens again, click on the vendor with the other button and attack that way.

Shadow
07-22-2008, 11:07 AM
That's very strange, I've never heard of that happening before. So I doubt that you will ever see that again. I'll look into it and see if I can fix it though.

Delve
07-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Yikes! Like (name here) said, your Mac equivalent of right-click (I think it's command-click or something on the one button mouse?) will select the target without attempting to interract with it. Then you can use an offensive skill of some sort to initiate actual combat. In theory.

Also, don't forget to pause. Then you can target and choose your moves at your leisure. It sounds like your situation was made worse by frantic clicking trying to keep up with the battle.

Pseudonym
07-23-2008, 12:50 AM
Yikes! Like (name here) said, your Mac equivalent of right-click (I think it's command-click or something on the one button mouse?) will select the target without attempting to interract with it. Then you can use an offensive skill of some sort to initiate actual combat. In theory.

Also, don't forget to pause. Then you can target and choose your moves at your leisure. It sounds like your situation was made worse by frantic clicking trying to keep up with the battle.

Delve is right. I was playing late at night and was easily perturbed. I forgot about pause. Because it was early in the game, hit points were VERY low and I didn't even have time to think.

I started a new game (ah, I'm not an addict, I'm in control) and it's going well enough.

(name here)
07-23-2008, 09:52 AM
so, which vendor was it?

Delve
07-23-2008, 11:38 AM
I assumed he meant one of the random wandering kind.

Pseudonym
07-23-2008, 10:52 PM
so, which vendor was it?

Random wandering vendor.

Bak
02-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Bumping this thread up, as it is still an active bug (with 1.014 Mac beta).

Brotherhood of Steel had two wandering vendors as recruits (Leif and Sveardelbach).

Shadow
02-23-2009, 09:22 AM
I still haven't managed to find anything that allows this. I'll put it back to the top of the list though and look at it again.