PDA

View Full Version : I just had 1 question?

coolpieman
07-30-2008, 04:58 AM
Is it possible to make a mod so that a warrior can have a red cape on his back? Im knew so just wondering.

Shadow
07-30-2008, 10:11 AM
I believe all you would have to do is go into the Database/skillTrees.gdb and add the cape skill to the warrior's basic skills.

coolpieman
07-30-2008, 12:25 PM
ya how would i do that on the mac verison? sorry im new to moding anything at all sorry?

can some one please help me?

coolpieman
07-30-2008, 01:35 PM
o ya and if i transfer my files to my windows computer could i try modding them there and trans fer it back? i dont know im sorry im really new at every thing?

coolpieman
07-30-2008, 05:31 PM
can some one help me out on modding the mac verson of DoP i can figure it out? sorry for sounding kinda noobish?

Shadow
07-30-2008, 06:38 PM
The first step is to download the Mod SDK over on our Mod page (http://www.soldak.com/Depths-of-Peril/Mods.html). That should get you going fairly well.

You should be able to modify files on Windows and have it work on your Mac.

coolpieman
07-30-2008, 07:04 PM
ok ill try thanks but so far evey time i have it always says

CRITICAL ERROR CANT FIND DATABASE/DATABASE.DBL

WHATS THAT MEAN?

Shadow
07-30-2008, 10:45 PM
That means that the game isn't finding the database.dbl file correctly. That file tells the game all of the database files to use, so it's kind of important. What did you do so that the game can't find that file?

Silent_Tales
07-31-2008, 12:18 AM
Can anyone tell me where to find the Database folder? I'm curious to see a warrior having a cape.. Thanks!!:)

Update: I have found the Database folder but how can I edit the skillTrees.gdb?

Shadow
08-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Assuming you have unzipped the assets003.zip file (or assets001.zip if the file you want isn't in assets003.zip) and now have the normal files, all you need is to use any text editor. Like many of our files, the gdb files are really just text files.

Silent_Tales
08-02-2008, 12:53 AM
I have tried that.. Edited with text.. Added skills cape and presTo!!
I then zip them all up again and delete the original Assets001 and put my NEW Assets001 at the folder.. But after that, the game won't start.. :(:(:(

Shadow
08-04-2008, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't replace the original zip file. I would put the original zip file back in place and just keep the loose files. I would also get rid of all of the loose files that you didn't change though. This makes it easier to track down what you did incorrectly.

Silent_Tales
08-05-2008, 04:11 AM
I did what you did say Shadow but every time I click the game icon to play.. It encounters an error,, ( you know Debug, send error report etc.)..

You know what, I will just play the game as simple as it is.. It is fun anyways and balanced in a way.. besides, I'm not good at modding :D:o:D