PDA

View Full Version : Plot quests & Raid XP

AnalogKid
09-07-2007, 09:32 PM
A couple a comments/questions that have come up while playing...

- I get repeat plot quests when I start new games. In one case I got a "skip" option (guessing this is because quest lvl<mylvl-10). It would make super duper sense to remember which plot quests are completed and not have you kill Larry's super-lieutenant 5 times. ;)

- How is XP handled during Raids? It seems as though if I'm at war and kill a covenant member, then I get XP, but if I'm Raiding I don't? It seems like a Raid that can be the toughest fight all game only benefits me with influence and a few items that I normally can't use?

Shadow
09-07-2007, 10:13 PM
The game should be keeping track of what storyline quests you have completed. On new games it will start over, but it will let you skip all of the storyline quests that you have already solved. This way if you want to solve them again (like kill one of the bosses) you can, otherwise you can skip them.

I believe you should be getting XP during raids, but it probably doesn't show it because the default is to hide all of the number popups during raids. You can change this in the game options if you want though.

Aeon221
09-09-2007, 01:18 PM
The game should be keeping track of what storyline quests you have completed. On new games it will start over, but it will let you skip all of the storyline quests that you have already solved. This way if you want to solve them again (like kill one of the bosses) you can, otherwise you can skip them.

This is quite possibly the best little addition in the game. I love that I don't have to repeat the same friggen startquests a million times (Morrowind, I'm lookin at you!).

AnalogKid
09-10-2007, 04:22 AM
This is quite possibly the best little addition in the game. I love that I don't have to repeat the same friggen startquests a million times
Yeah. When I posted, I could swear it wasn't working and I was only able to skip the first quest even though I'd done many more. But it was probably me confusing different characters because since then it's been just like Steven mentioned. I don't mind hitting the skip button as long as it lets me skip all the way through whatever I've done, and apparently it does!

Delilah Rehm
09-10-2007, 08:49 AM
I remember testing when it didn't have that feature. It was... time consuming to repeat the story quests. Especially at level 15-25, and when the cov game went fast. The skip button was a request of mine. :)